• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought or just a normal Canadian Spring?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    I may be wrong here but wasn’t that PAMI researchers and wasn’t that the study that said Bourgault seed distribution was shotgun esque compared to flexicoil types? That ruffled feathers and a lawsuit was in the works before it was settled.
    Good for seed scatttering
    We still use one though

Comment

I think Bourgault's distribution system is their weakness....two dead heads! If flexicoil type metering was combined with Morris's "manifold", I would think that would be the most gentle handling system.
      Although I never noticed a noticeable difference in seed distribution across the width of the drill, I'm not saying there isn't any.

Got skunked on rain this afternoon....it developed North, South and East of us today....oh well, maybe tomorrow! Or the next day. Or next week, or the week after. Or next month, or the month after......

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Got skunked on rain this afternoon....it developed North, South and East of us today....oh well, maybe tomorrow! Or the next day. Or next week, or the week after. Or next month, or the month after......
        Many old timers referred to this neighborhood as "next year country"...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          I was hoping I didn't have to wait that long.

Comment

Quarter inch Thursday, mebbee

Comment

70% chance of showers near the Slum of the Ghetto today! That means 120% chance of rain for fjlip and 110% chance for SF3's Utopian Garden of Eden!
              Last edited by farmaholic; May 23, 2018, 07:56.

Comment

Just seen a camel 🐪 and a gopher fighting over a water bottle .
                Yup she dry out there

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Just seen a camel 🐪 and a gopher fighting over a water bottle .
                  Yup she dry out there
                  How’s your sub moisture starting out. We were real moist starting out but spots not far away not so much. Patchy downpour Monday wetted our place down so execution staved off for a bit. Hope forecast for next couple days pans out.

Comment

I like Weathernetworks 14 Day forecast, looks promising🤩

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      I like Weathernetworks 14 Day forecast, looks promising🤩
                      Lower your expectations....less disappointment when the rain doesn't materialize!

How's that for optimism burnt? Just spreadin the luv around!

Comment

Finished today...last field has lots of moisture 1" down, packers sticking.... such a variety of conditions! Hope that radar down south was not wrong!Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	766442Click image for larger version

Name:	037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	766443
                        Last edited by fjlip; May 23, 2018, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          How’s your sub moisture starting out. We were real moist starting out but spots not far away not so much. Patchy downpour Monday wetted our place down so execution staved off for a bit. Hope forecast for next couple days pans out.
                          With very little rain last year from here and south east the sun soil is marginal at best from here through Hafford .

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            In the eighties I started calling it the year after next year.

Comment

The grass just came alive today... hoppers are hummin

Comment

and now flea beetles on mustard... if forecasted rain a week out doesnt show up, this neighborhood is in serious trouble.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...