• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lotto MAX or Who actually got Rain. seems like it was a few tenths to a inch.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I'm saying about 4 inches in 21 months I'm counting half of that as snow, so 3 more months like this and its not much better than 1 inch of rain a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Yea horse your boy Trudeau is creating a shit hole country. We will be a basket case if he wins again. I know for a liberal it’s hard to see that killing oil and wonder were all the money went is hard to grasp
      Is that the best you got, call everyone that disagrees with you a liberal, never voted liberal like you did, but yea after 40 yr pc and the bank is bare I also wonder where the money is.
      And I have got no rain yet this yr so Mabry I am sleeping, or having a bad dream, but I'm not whining about it either.

Comment

Good to know Horse hope you get your rain.

I’m a realist so yea you need 4 one inch rains basically after seeding after spraying and at heading and exhibition week and it’s a crop.

Yea your PC s we’re so bad but nohing happened because of the NDP.

Again I hope you get your rains

Comment

Speaking of the real Lotto Max(jackpot 60 million), keep asking yourself, "wouldn't it be nice if it(the weather) didn't matter"?

It wouldn't have to matter, even today for alot of us. What is it that keeps us doing this? Sucker for punishment I guess. I never understood why people with viable options choose farming. I guess I never knew any better at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Field being seeded: 0.25 in. Fields already seeded: 0. As far a too dry being better than too wet, you need to have about 3 ft of rain in a season and then you can assess too wet. Most in southern areas have not been wet enough to assess too wet. That is why I am scared to hope for rain because it need to stop before the flood. Yes farming is 90% luck for all except Grass of course.
            Totally understand your worry of rain. We've had a couple super wet years that left acres unseeded and haying next to impossible. Also had hail storm in 2009 that took every acre 100% spread out over 15 miles plus huge building damage. Also had a few storms that left 7 inches of rain over a couple days that just wrecked everything. Last week hoping for rain cause we needed it, but then the clouds roll in and its almost a panic worrying what you might get. Completely unsettling and stressfull. We got 8/10 of slow gentle rain, absolutely perfect but until the sun came out this am you just dont feel right anymore and i just used to love a good rain or thunderstorm.

Comment

No rain here.systwms still disapate or going around us like they have for 18 months.putting in place plan b for cattle.Madeit through the 80 .this should be a piece of cake.anyone remember crop insurance giving some farmers new air headers for combines in the 80s.? Do not think that can ever happen again.

Comment

Wind finally down to spray and water pump got ice in it and will not pull start this morning.hot water or wait?

Comment

Plan C now . Frost may have kicked the alfalfa when it is surviving on very little moisture.

Comment

I don't know for sure but it looks like almost 100% winter kill on alfalfa, and seed is $5#, don't know if worth trying as the last 2 yr has been brutal on alfalfa, and everyone still thinks 3cents for hay is high. Mabry if we get some good rain it will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                      I don't know for sure but it looks like almost 100% winter kill on alfalfa, and seed is $5#, don't know if worth trying as the last 2 yr has been brutal on alfalfa, and everyone still thinks 3cents for hay is high. Mabry if we get some good rain it will improve.
                      Good luck horse. I hope you get some rain before long. I had my alfalfa winterkill almost 100 percent a few years back. I could hardly believe my eyes. It was a stand of a new hot shot variety. I cant remember the name anymore but I also had a stand of an old variety that didnt winterkill nearly as badly. I have since quit buying the expensive seed and went back to older varieties that have stood the test if time. Depends on area and needs probably but for me alot of the new varieties have some problems not talked about when you go to buy your seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                        I have 7000 lbs alfalfa i will sell for $1 /lb plus cleaning and bagging

Comment

Wonder how the **** they can charge $5 /lb and pay a ****en farmer 70 cents / lb . Surely certified charges, cleaning, innoculating and bagging dont add up to $4.30/lb or $215 extra for a 50 lb bag . No ****en wonder no one wants alfalfa seed ! God damn gteedy bastards . As bad as these ****ing gas prices with $60/bbl , then discounted oil

Comment

TSIPP what region do you farm wow to your rainfall or lack of it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              I have 7000 lbs alfalfa i will sell for $1 /lb plus cleaning and bagging
                              I may be interested I will have to see how many inter border restrictions there are, what's the germination, and I am assuming common, but from what strain was it grown? What's the cleaning cost there I will check here.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                Wonder how the **** they can charge $5 /lb and pay a ****en farmer 70 cents / lb . Surely certified charges, cleaning, innoculating and bagging dont add up to $4.30/lb or $215 extra for a 50 lb bag . No ****en wonder no one wants alfalfa seed ! God damn gteedy bastards . As bad as these ****ing gas prices with $60/bbl , then discounted oil
                                The stuff we are buying was up around $4.50/lb last year but is $3.50 this year. Check your local dealers Horse I'd think you'll find it has come down there too. Still feel sorry for the growers like caseih though and think there is definitely potential to cut out the middleman and get a better deal for both seed grower and end user.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...