• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics and the Broncos

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    NO KIDDING, 110 hours training to know understand and follow road signs?????? Would have NOT made a difference in this situation! An unbelievable lack of judgement, reckless behavior, MURDERER.
    Yes agreed there is two issues
    First was this a criminal act? To me yes already but let's see the investigation
    Second this act has opened up that there is a further problem of not adequate training or apprenticeship what ever you want to call it or think needs to be done.
    Too many dangerous drivers out there

Comment

I am stupid but after the first 6 died at that intersection ....shouldn't something have been done to prevent it from happening again??????

Comment

The trees should have been gone. And in this case not only from the perspective of the semi driver but the bus driver could have had more time to see if an idiot wasn't slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
          Excellent observation furrow. I don’t totally understand it. It’s like some kind of weird deflection from reality. Going forward, a person will have to be on guard for truth/reality vs. media manipulation.

Fellow farmers, this disaster on April 6, 2018 has put so much in question. It sure makes me more cautious. We need to remind our families/children about defensive driving because this could happen anywhere, anytime. And as for truth and reality in media, we all see where that is going.

Comment

In summary of The Bigwheels posts since the day he came on, we need more government involvement because we all know you can't trust business as they will screw even old ladies like the big wheel farmers are doing.

Life looks simple out of the window of the NDP head office.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              The trees should have been gone. And in this case not only from the perspective of the semi driver but the bus driver could have had more time to see if an idiot wasn't slowing down.
              So you plow the trees down? Now what, the idiot drivers have an even better view to blow that stop sign at 100 km/hr but do it "safely"??

I have an even better idea, lets ban trees altogether or maybe lets reduce the speed limit to 10 km/hr so when idiots who obviously will never heed the traffic signs collide with a bus no one will get killed.....wow

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                So you plow the trees down? Now what, the idiot drivers have an even better view to blow that stop sign at 100 km/hr but do it "safely"??

I have an even better idea, lets ban trees altogether or maybe lets reduce the speed limit to 10 km/hr so when idiots who obviously will never heed the traffic signs collide with a bus no one will get killed.....wow
                Wow don't you understand if your the bus driver wouldn't you want a chance to see the idiot coming and you'd be able to tell he's not going to be able to stop even if he was trying. It's called defensive driving. I do it all the time so do the good pro drivers. As the above demonstration shows the bus driver couldn't see the idiot not stopping until about 1.5 seconds.

I m not saying that makes the trucker a better driver I m saying it would give the people with the right away a chance to react. The problem is the driver but how soon do you think our government that have failed at testing monitoring what ever are going to turn this around?

Your too wound up on this ban everybody deal your missing looking at all the issues.

I spoke to some people that drive there another issue is the right turn to the north there are a lot of trucks that roll through and make that turn. Apparently more than a few near misses all be it at a slower speed. But again no trees a better chance to tell if someone isn't going to stop.

Maybe you should ask some of the families if the bus driver would have had 3 or 4 or 5 more seconds whether or not it may have been worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  In summary of The Bigwheels posts since the day he came on, we need more government involvement because we all know you can't trust business as they will screw even old ladies like the big wheel farmers are doing.

Life looks simple out of the window of the NDP head office.
                  Go ask the families if they'd rather their have been better regulations in place so that this driver wasn't in the road?

I ve had several truckers in and out of my yard not one says what's in place is adequate most say they are weary at minimum to meet some fellow truckers at intersections and on the road. They see who has licenses they are speaking up.

But don't worry we're building the population no matter how we get there right?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...