• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Futures

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    The Viterra non-GMO Clearfield contracts premiums are nothing to write home about. Only about 30 cents a bushel premiun out to next summer. And there were actually negative basis off the early delivery periods The Nexera premium is about $1.70/bu.....but how well will it yeild?

I don't have alot of time to decide.

Maybe go non-GMO Clearfield off contract?

"Nexera".....and then there's the extra seed costs.... the seed itself with seed treatment and lumiderm and tech fee...Yikes. we've grown some good canola crops but some areas consistently grow goid crops, That's were canola seed costs are tabulated for, not the #Slum of the Ghetto!
    Farmaholic, I believe the premium is $50/ tonne plus trucking. Extra $10 if you’re a repeat customer and book early.
    We have had better success with the RR Nexera vs CL varieties but have only tried Nexera clearfield once (2022).

Comment

If you believe the numbers..Nexera RR yields same as or higher than Dekalb 7444..
      One farmer we know had 9-1/4s of RR Nexera last yr..Yield was 51 b/a average..
      We seeding 1026 this yr..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        If you believe the numbers..Nexera RR yields same as or higher than Dekalb 7444..
        One farmer we know had 9-1/4s of RR Nexera last yr..Yield was 51 b/a average..
        We seeding 1026 this yr..
        we have only grown 1012 RR , yields have been exceptional every year except the flood. growing that again . nexera does take a fair bit longer . first one in , last one cut , always, on our farm

Comment

If we don't suffer a turn around Tuesday I would look at $540 July as a good target.

Personally I would entertain thoughts of selling some more old crop at that price or maybe higher...or not. There, how's that for sharing information and telegraphing my pricing targets

Comment

Canola up 15 cents/bushel.

Soybeans up 38 cents. (Weather or tariff related?)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...