• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melting Arctic Sea Ice May Be To Blame For Endless Winter: Scientists It's an increas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps your last comment was directed at others, I for one have never denied that climate change is happening. I expect proof that it is catastrophic. And I expect honesty to the ridiculous accusations that it is provable that it is significantly human caused and it is precedented.

Comment

dml it has been HOT before, WET, COLD and DRY! Proof it always changes but IMO there is NOTHING tiny little humans can do to change it. The sun, the oceans, the volcanoes will always make our climate. Sensible thing to do is ADAPT or MOVE.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
        Are you actually trying to argue that all buyers are rational and will only pay what a property is worth? Apparently you have not seen any farmland priced at more than the productive value. I mean if people are as rational as you claim, why would anyone pay more than its true value?

And for your argument to hold any water, people must have total knowledge of the risks. Do you honestly think all buyers are 100% informed about risk to property?

Plus occasionally real estate agents have misrepresented the value of property, or risks to it. Don't believe me, do a google search of real estate misreprentation, or fraud.

Florida is one of the area most at risk for flooding. Read this article about the slow down in growth of the real estate market in coastal areas in Florida. Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it is not occurring. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/science/global-warming-coastal-real-estate.html https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/science/global-warming-coastal-real-estate.html

And I have a question for those who keep demanding 100% proof that climate change is occurring to which I keep giving examples. Why do you never have to show me with 100% certainly it is not happening?
        I would never argue that the buyers are rational. I am arguing that those providing the financing for the buyers are mostly rational, and that insurance is typically a condition of financing, and insurance companies are completely rational.

Do you think a bank is going to offer a 25+ year mortgage on a property which cannot be insured because it is guaranteed to be underwater by the end of the mortgage period? People develop, build and buy in a lot of ridiculous places, and insurance only enables them to in many cases( or at least they think it does, most had no clue that overland flooding wasn't covered). If insurance companies really believed the scary scenario's you paint, they wouldn't offer insurance on these places at any price.

Comment

Found this little interesting article..
          https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/950748/climate-change-scientists-impact-not-as-bad-on-planet

Not saying it’s fact at all but cracks are showing in the apocalypse being shoved in our face and out of our pockets

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...