• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coldest temp anomaly in the WORLD...here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I didn't ask about drought(deficit of moisture) I asked about temperature (total heat units received). The 2 are not the same thing.
    Never said they were. Stated clearly that higher temperature increases the risk of drought which it undoubtedly does. I thought you'd be smart enough to figure that out but maybe not.

Comment

Yep idiots like Grass bought into the propaganda of a warming planet due to human C02. The lack of sunspots is signalling an iceage.

https://principia-scientific.org/the-sun-is-going-dark-no-sunspots-for-96-days/

Comment

Higher temps also bring the risk of thunderstorms which bring rain.

Comment

Grassy will keep yelling global heating right up until it freezes in August every year for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            Grassy will keep yelling global heating right up until it freezes in August every year for a decade.
            On the contrary i'm the one pointing out that these are normal fluctuations in weather. I remember all the crying last August when poster's crops were wilting in another day of 36C heat - you weren't all wishing it would get warmer then. You want to pick and choose - the weather and the arguments.

Comment

Tell climate TIT in Ottawa it’s normal weather fluctuations so he and she or people kind can shove their carbon tax up their ass!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                Tell climate TIT in Ottawa it’s normal weather fluctuations so he and she or people kind can shove their carbon tax up their ass!
                Perfect answer, up your ASS Libtards! All is normal weather!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  Never said they were. Stated clearly that higher temperature increases the risk of drought which it undoubtedly does. I thought you'd be smart enough to figure that out but maybe not.
                  Well I stand corrected, I reread your post. Although, locally, I don't note any correlation between heat and drought( for example last summer was a very cold drought here), I did some internet research, and sure enough, there does appear to be a correlation in most areas. From the IPCC bible itself:

Observed changes in regional temperature and precipitation can often be physically related to one another. This section assesses the consistencies of these relationships in the observed trends. Significant large-scale correlations between observed monthly mean temperature and precipitation (Madden and Williams, 1978) for North America and Europe have stood up to the test of time and been expanded globally (Trenberth and Shea, 2005). In the warm season over continents, higher temperatures accompany lower precipitation amounts and vice versa. Hence, over land, strong negative correlations dominate, as dry conditions favour more sunshine and less evaporative cooling, while wet summers are cool. However, at latitudes poleward of 40° in winter, positive correlations dominate as the water-holding capacity of the atmosphere limits precipitation amounts in cold conditions and warm air advection in cyclonic storms is accompanied by precipitation. Where ocean conditions drive the atmosphere, higher surface air temperatures are associated with precipitation, as during El Niño events. For South America, Rusticucci and Penalba (2000) showed that warm summers are associated with low precipitation, especially in northeast and central-western Argentina, southern Chile, and Paraguay. Cold season (JJA) correlations are weak but positive to the west of 65°W, as stratiform cloud cover produces a higher minimum temperature. For stations in coastal Chile, the correlation is always positive and significant, as it is adjacent to the ocean, especially in the months of rainfall (May to September), showing that high SSTs favour convection.

Yet for some reason, the past decade or more has been abnormally wet in most of the prairies, in spite of the Catastrophic Global Warming.

I would have thought that a "grass" farmer who also supports lowering emissions would consider grazing animals year around to be a noble goal, ( I know I certainly do), vs. burning fossil fuels to put up feed and feed it back to them because our climate only supports growth for a few short months. With a slightly longer growing season, and a slightly milder winter, I believe it is achievable here.

Comment

And when more snow falls than melts in a year...guess what....there is the setup for the beginning of the next ice age.

It has happened before and WE are DUE for the next one. Doesn't anyone remember the last four that covered most of this readerships pastures and farmland; and it was up to a mile thick layer of ice. Think cold and long term "global cooling". When it begins (and/or happens) there will be some 100,000 year old souls if you want to see the end of it...and then welcome the next relatively shorter interglacial age which will not be precipitated by man made carbon pollution of the people living in the northern hemisphere.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I would have thought that a "grass" farmer who also supports lowering emissions would consider grazing animals year around to be a noble goal, ( I know I certainly do), vs. burning fossil fuels to put up feed and feed it back to them because our climate only supports growth for a few short months. With a slightly longer growing season, and a slightly milder winter, I believe it is achievable here.
                      Growing season vs grazing season is something where you don't want there to be any correlation if you are going to be successful at year round grazing. Your management must create grazing opportunities that extend far beyond the growing season. We were grazing more than 265 days, feeding under 100 most years in your environment - and that was real grazing not "bale grazing" which is just another form of mechanically harvested feeding in my opinion.

Comment

Actually wasting our breath on The troll is going to get us no where. We should be marching on Ottawa, writing masses of letters and e-mails to McKenna. Every time JT comes west we should be protesting. That is how to get your voice heard. Our livelihood is at stake not to mention our foodsources and the lives of future generations. We should be openly supporting our premier too.

Comment

Central Alberta -25 when I got up to check cows at 6:30. Then was out in the field with the front wheel assist in undisturbed snow and got stuck, luckily was able to back out. 7 day forecast nothing above zero. Lots of snow to melt yet for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Central Alberta -25 when I got up to check cows at 6:30. Then was out in the field with the front wheel assist in undisturbed snow and got stuck, luckily was able to back out. 7 day forecast nothing above zero. Lots of snow to melt yet for sure!
                            And it started in November, blizzard on the 14th, close to a MONTH late warming up. Snowmobile trails just fine to April 7th?

Comment

I've tried very hard to have civil intellectual conversations with Grassfarmer on various topics, and avoided name calling, but there is no way that anyone who is being honest with themselves thinks western Canada is better off being colder. I'm having to agree with SF3, he is a troll.

Comment

........maybe just an adversarial, contradictory, devil's advocate, no bullshit debater?

You can't pigeon hole us all in the same nest or maybe not even in the same coop.

Some fly left, some fly right, and there's afew who flew over the ****oo's nest!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...