• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coldest temp anomaly in the WORLD...here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coldest temp anomaly in the WORLD...here

Enjoy Global Warming ... https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/lack-of-warmth-across-canada-early-april-upper-level-temperatures-cold-signal-polar-vortex-below-seasonal/97928/ https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/lack-of-warmth-across-canada-early-april-upper-level-temperatures-cold-signal-polar-vortex-below-seasonal/97928/

RIP spring...summer. Last year was the first year where it was next year country before a seed was planted due to way to wet in the spring and this will be a repeat.
    Last edited by ajl; Mar 26, 2018, 13:41.

Comment

Last spring was a mud bowl..and the crops turned out awesome. Think positive boys.

Comment

Or from another perspective - our upcoming 14 day forecast - yeah it's a cool week but hardly enough to write the season off. We'll start calving cows before any of you are seeding crops and I'm not loosing any sleep over it. I watch this graph regularly and it's been notable over the last couple of months how often the overnight low has been substantially above the 30 year average.

Comment

Last spring was a mud bog and seeded next to nothing, think negative and reality wont hurt as bad.

Comment

Actually need to look with your eyes open Grass. It is remarkable in our area how often the temp has been below average. Set at least 7 low temp records around here this winter with a number of them last Nov. and a couple around the weekend of Feb 10. Local weather here is Vegreville AB. Cattle guys here have been pushing calving later to avoid spring storms. This was early May, I guess now they will have to push it to June. Then they have a 400lb calf to wean in the fall. With the death loss averaged in due to calving in snow last spring, there was not many Lbs of calf per cow last year. Most farmers think they are doing better than they really are.
            Last edited by ajl; Mar 26, 2018, 19:37.

Comment

Sun cycles will “Trump” the global warming theory .
              Sun cycles have dictated temperature fluctuations on earth for a millennium.
              Current cycles point to cooling .
              But ice core samples from millions of years could be wrong ...
              so much “recent “ data has been fudged by “leading “ scientists to push agendas it’s confused many people.
              Yes glaciers have retreated and ice caps have fluctuated since the end of the last ice age .
              The focus needs to be on overall pollution, not just carbon . Just my opinion

Comment

Not sure what I've to open my eyes too? the fact your weather has maybe been different to ours or the fact you can get spring storms on the prairies? We've been calving with an April 20th start date since 2003 and have averaged about 3 storm days per year. We can cope with that and i'll take my chances then rather than barn calve through the winter months or later in fly season.

Comment

That was open ones eyes to how much below average the temperature has been much of the winter. I appears the trend is continuing. Certainly no global warming around here, maybe different in southern MB. To get decent weather at calving, going to need to go to mid may here.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    RIP spring...summer. Last year was the first year where it was next year country before a seed was planted due to way to wet in the spring and this will be a repeat.
                    Isn't that the peril of living in the wet black soil zone? Like risk of drought is for me here in the Slum of the Ghetto! Now if we could just find a happy medium.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Sun cycles will “Trump” the global warming theory .
                      Sun cycles have dictated temperature fluctuations on earth for a millennium.
                      Current cycles point to cooling .
                      But ice core samples from millions of years could be wrong ...
                      so much “recent “ data has been fudged by “leading “ scientists to push agendas it’s confused many people.
                      Yes glaciers have retreated and ice caps have fluctuated since the end of the last ice age .
                      The focus needs to be on overall pollution, not just carbon . Just my opinion

The propagandists will make up the stats to suit their agenda. Regina University(April 16 at noon) is going to have a speaker(Dr. Amber Fletcher Ph.D in BS) in to explain how climate change is going to affect the different genders and how paying attention to climate change will make it easier. (The Social Impact of Climate Change) Can you believe it?

Comment

Was there a big snowstorm in Wakaw?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          The propagandists will make up the stats to suit their agenda. Regina University(April 16 at noon) is going to have a speaker(Dr. Amber Fletcher Ph.D in BS) in to explain how climate change is going to affect the different genders and how paying attention to climate change will make it easier. (The Social Impact of Climate Change) Can you believe it?
                          Yup I can . No sense at looking at long term temperatures patterns scientifically proven on earth the past 200,000 years or longer . Yup let’s make assumptions based on the past 50 years ...

Comment

AJL, here is the only info I could find summarizing this past winter until March 19th in Winnipeg - likely a little different to ours but I think the trends were the same.

"Overall, temperatures have stayed close to normal. February was colder than normal but it was far from a record setter. If you remember the cold February from 2014, the daily mean temperature there was -20.0 degrees Celsius.

We were also close to normal for days below -30° C. From December through February, temperatures will typically drop to -30° C or colder 11 times with this happening 6 times in January. The winter of 2017/2018 had temperatures falling below this mark 10 times but 7 out of the last 8 days in December.

Precipitation wise, as you might expect, we were below normal amounts.
                            Every month this winter has had below normal precipitation amounts with March being the exception. This is all thanks to the snowfall from March 4-5 which dumped approximately 22 cm of snow on Winnipeg.

If you add up what the normal precipitation amounts should be from December through March, you will notice that Winnipeg comes up short by 21.1 cm "

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Isn't that the peril of living in the wet black soil zone? Like risk of drought is for me here in the Slum of the Ghetto! Now if we could just find a happy medium.
                              Some where between us...anyone out there have it perfect?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...