• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curling ???? No medals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forage,

I am reffering to the fact that anybody with an arts degree cannot find a job and are typically the ones that are protesting. Garbage university classes for those degrees.
    My kids are under 10 yoa so they are nowhere near university.
    You ask your kids the next time you talk to them an see if they were prepared when they first went to university. And let me know what they say. Typically takes between 2-3 years to fully get a grasp on the university model on how to study and manage the work load. I was a close to 90% average high school student and university really opened my eyes.

Comment

They should eliminate an arts degree and replace all those seats with more in other colleges like medicine or engineering, education.

What good is an arts degree?

Comment

I think peoplekind would be worse off without Socrates or Shakespeare or DaVinci.
        False expectations might not be the subject matters' fault.

Comment

4g

"You ask your kids the next time you talk to them an see if they were prepared when they first went to university. And let me know what they say. Typically takes between 2-3 years to fully get a grasp on the university model on how to study and manage the work load. I was a close to 90% average high school student and university really opened my eyes. "

I don't need to ask them I know the answer, it was fairly easy for the one in Science, but for the one Business it was difficult no two ways about it. It was time to toughen up. But high school and University are two different animals. In high school they are teaching the masses if you were to model it like University their would be more drop outs before getting their grade 12 diploma. In University your on your own and the onus is on you the student to ensure you keep up and study on your own. In other words it's time to grow up and prepare yourself for the real world.

As a parent you must be involved in your children's education in the school years, teachers are there to teach 8:30 to 3:30 the rest of the time it's parents responsibility to educate after that. Public education has many hard working teachers who are dedicated to their job, maybe the parents who do the complaining should look in the mirror before criticizing teachers. My two children were told at an early age that after high school your going to post secondary. It wasn't debatable.

You do your part as parents and your children will do fine in public school, I speak from experience.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...