• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canada have a process to remove an incompetent or corrupt leader?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I'm sure the First Nations people would agree!! What moral right do a percentage of white anglo-saxon settlers that came here through a certain period of time in history have to dictate not only who is allowed to come here in the future and how they must act but how the previous inhabitants of the country must also act and comply with the values of this group of settlers? #whiteprivilege that's the problem.
    If we were following the Indian way, we would be wandering aimlessly while starving, burning the grasslands for no reason at all, and using stone tools to harvest animals, or chase them off the cliff, wasting them in abundance, while enjoying an average lifespan of about 35. We would be dragging two sticks behind us, held together by hides, because we had no use of the wheel, iron, gunpowder, or anything else emotely technical. We would be at constant war with our neighboring tribes, and scalping eachother and hanging the scalps on our person as ornamental prizes, when they dared to enter our territory.

I guess we coulda gone that route, but old whitey Anglo Saxon liked his wheel.

Comment

Old whitey Anglo Saxon would have been nothing but a pile of bleached bones if First Nations hadn't guided his sorry thankless bigoted ass across the frontier. No amount of praying to his so called "God" would have saved him either!

Comment

History of invasion

Not a new story:
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_invasions

Comment

Braveheart, my dad pointed that out to me too.

To everyone:

He also pointed out to me, they lived without indoor plumbing and running water. And had wood heat and a small supplemental diesel heater in a house with little to no insulation, frost on second floor walls. Power in '56 (?). Worked hard....cattle and grain and hogs and chickens. Picked rocks by hand and cleared bush...picking stumps, roots and unburned trees from spread out brush piles by hand. Still chored with horses. ......all up to about 1970....really not that long ago!

My point, maybe some of the so-called "privilege" was earned......no matter what race.

They came with little, my great grand father was killed while working in Regina to help with the homestead...leaving a widow to raise 4 kids, one kid dies. When my grandfather was old enough to take his homestead...he did where we now live. He must have grown up fast, I believe he was about twelve when his dad was killed......his mother never remarried when the kids were young. He was ambitious and accumulated a fair bit of land for that time that was divided up amongst his boys. He too had a kid die, in a house fire in town....kid stayed in town to attend school. Lost his only brother and a nephew to the 1917(?) Flu....they say they were VERY close.

Privilege my ass. Endured lots of hardships and worked hard....seems in this family, we think of the next generation, I hope for and want it better for my kids than I had it.....maybe not a bad goal to strive for and teach my kids. It wasn't always easy and there was a price paid.

Very grateful to those who went before me, thank you for earning your privilege!

Comment

A good story Farmaholic,and one that many can relate to or even share. Tying it back to this thread and our current leader, he can't relate to us, he's just not like us. The upbringing of Trudeau has moulded him into an entitled, unaccountable, (what do I say?) maybe: one of a people. Poor judgement is his legacy.

If there was ever an ethics commissioner in this country with some balls they would be working overtime.

Comment

.....sorry for going off on a tangent. Just hard not to comment on some things posted that may not be directly related to the thread topic. I am easily distracted, what were we talking about again?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                If we were following the Indian way, we would be wandering aimlessly while starving, burning the grasslands for no reason at all, and using stone tools to harvest animals, or chase them off the cliff, wasting them in abundance, while enjoying an average lifespan of about 35. We would be dragging two sticks behind us, held together by hides, because we had no use of the wheel, iron, gunpowder, or anything else emotely technical. We would be at constant war with our neighboring tribes, and scalping eachother and hanging the scalps on our person as ornamental prizes, when they dared to enter our territory.

I guess we coulda gone that route, but old whitey Anglo Saxon liked his wheel.
                You choose to portray what the first nation people were at the time of settlement and contrast that to today's "white man". Alternatively you could look at today's white man society from the perspective of the first nation member at time of first settlement. What a mess we have made - turned the healthiest tall grass prairie the world had ever seen upside down and contaminated it with chemicals. Cut down most of the trees, wiped out most of the wildlife and plant species. Poisoned the water courses in pursuit of oil, been involved in countless wars with other countries and treated the original inhabitants incredibly poorly killing many and enslaving the majority in an endless cycle of poverty. I don't think he would view the settlers as people who came and followed the values he had. (to paraphrase Big Wheel)

Comment

Not quite sure how white privilege is related to my original post, other than our current PM is the ultimate example.

I'm seeking constitutional advice on how to extricate ourselves from this disasterous regime. So, there is no precedent, and it appears that only Cabinet, the GG and the queen could save us now. As I understand it, there is no crime sinister enough, or mental deficiency dangerous enough that would require he be removed from office. So the people are powerless against him.

Comment

Outside of a successful non confidence vote in the House there is really no way to oust an incompetent or corrupt Prime Minister. After the India debacle, the opposition should really move a non confidence vote. No chance of winning, but a great debating point and would force the usually absent "fortunate son" into Parliament.

Comment

Only way it happens is inside caucus. Liberal MP's have to start believing he can't carry them to victory and that they'd be better off starting from scratch in the hunt for a leader. At the moment the Liberal party is all about Trudeau. Up and until the release of the ethics commissioners report on his vacay to the agha khans private island, the PMO had been doing a great job of polishing his image. It hasn't been a good couple of months.

Kinder Morgan is a simmering dumpster fire with two provinces at each other's neck, and a third province (quebec) watching intently to see whether the feds are willing to use their constitutional powers to usurp provincial interests. If KMX dies a slow death like Energy East we will continue to lose $B's economically, but Trudeau stands to lose significant votes in BC and QC. His attempt at social license and consensus building has so far not born fruit.

Then there's his unfiltered reply to a vet that he and many others are asking too much of their government. For a PMO obsessed with optics and brand-building, that one looked BAD!

The TPP shitshow? We gave up our veto to get some flowery words inserted in the document...

The forced flop in China? Why send the PM? That's what trade ministers, deputy ministers, and buerocrats are for. The PM is supposed to get the victory lap!

NAFTA? There may very well be issues that need to be hammered out, but gender, diversity, and living wage addendums? There was no need to shoot ourselves in the foot!

Peoplekind? Again, for a PMO obsessed with optics that had obviously not gotten past the focus group stage.

And then of course we arrive at India. Wow! Simply Wow! The domestic let alone intl media are in no hurry to let this one go, and could very well have traction going forward.

Our PM has gone from being portrayed as CaptainCanada to #CaptainCrayon, or #MrDressup... a taxpayer funded 7 day jaunt to load up on pictures aimed at specific voting blocs?

I mean God God, in frantic damage control mode, they paraded out a career beurocrat with the highest security clearances to suggest to our national media, under protection of annonimity that this was cooked up by the Indian gov't to make Trudeau look like a plug! Nah... He managed to do that all on his own.

The domestic media have turned on him...

Don Martin (CTV): "If this is Trudeau putting Canada back on the world stage, we should get off."
                      Again Don martin: "Given his now-proven tendency to bring tension to otherwise calm international relationships, Justin Trudeau should just stay home."

Terry Glavin (Ottawa Citizen)"it would have been better, in hindsight, if Trudeau had gone to India alone, invited himself to dinner with Modi, and thrown up in his lap."

The Globe and Mail editorial board: "Yesterday, we quaintly said the India trip seemed awkward and unproductive. Those were the days."

The Toronto Star: “We’re relying too much on how photogenic and how popular we think the prime minister is, and it’s beginning to backfire on us.”

Read David Akin tonight, or Andrew Coyne, or Ujjal Dosanjh,

If this thing continues to have legs, or they find out someone in the PMO directly lobbied for Visas for these Sikh separatists, the knives will come out. Honestly, 2019 was never the Conservative parties to win. Only Trudeaus to lose. He's a two termer at a minimum unless he grabs for more rope than he can handle!

Comment

Excellent summary.

We've had PMs that I've liked, or disliked.

But this is the first one that is actually an existential threat to me and mine.

Comment

I see him as trying way too hard to be EVERYTHING he is not. Try being a common sense leader for a change. As a proud Canadian I am embarrassed. Something has to be done, something has to change. The Liberal Party better have a talk with their Prince Charming that has turned into a National, and even worse, an International disgrace. I can accept and tolerate alot, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

People please don't let your kids do drugs!
                            And especially if you are rich don't because now a days that's just a guarantee you have a chance to be a politician.

Comment

Trudeau was caught lying about inviting the Sikh terrorist to the India state supper and now is taking holidays after a vacation.

We could have a non-confidence vote coming up.

Comment

Breaking News : omas Khadr's defense lawyer was appointed as federal judge.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...