• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Moore did well in Alabama...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Church and state should be separate always. I am all for a secular govt. No religious perks of any kind. That said punting evangelicals as the Christian isis is far reaching. I know evangelicals whom are the most honest stand up folks. I think it’s people in general using any sort of religion to justify their means or as a means to personally exonerate their past and present wrong doings. What happens with certain religious followings by nature of how much of a shepherd and flock mentality exists. People will fall in line and support some pretty crazy shit or people if they support your group. It’s like voting for a party because you share their ideology even though a lot of their policy you don’t agree with. It’s kind of a populism effect.

Comment

Religion and politics, now that's a topic in itself.

Was Lorne Calvert a preacher? I never heard him preach and I thought he was an ok person. I think strategically speaking, Moore thought he had Alabama in the bag because he was a "holy" man, but Holy Man he got a surprise. He probably offended as many as he endeared. Shit happens.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...