• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Wind. Ugh

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Sophomore year. Freshman year wasn't much better. I wonder what you call it when you're still in school after 39 years?
    "LIVING" ....... as long as I'm alive I'm learning.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 11, 2017, 10:57.

Comment

White with snow here but a lot less than normal. The ground froze up with moisture so I am hoping we get through the winter without much snow and we can get the crop seeded early without any rain delays. We will need rain but not before mid June.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        No need for rain !

Seed cos to crop insurance says New canola all goes 50 !

# better than expected !
        There's a spray for that!!!!! And it's not called irrigation. But that might be a good trade name for a foliar product that claims a yeild bump when applied in dry conditions. ...lol. (Bayer)

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          No need for rain !

Seed cos to crop insurance says New canola all goes 50 !

# better than expected !
          Countless reports have indicated rain is now optional with 50 bpa canola on 2" or less rainfall.

Can it happen 2 years in a row will be the $ million question.

Comment

More like the 26.7 billion dollar question

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Countless reports have indicated rain is now optional with 50 bpa canola on 2" or less rainfall.

Can it happen 2 years in a row will be the $ million question.
              most of it is fake news . we had about 4-5" here total , and definetly had yield loss . and nobody had more subsoil moisture than us . luckily there was very little wind here most of the time, and lots of wet nights. the wind is the real yield killer. we had borage which is deep rooted that just sat and sat ,and finally gave up . worst yield on borage ever

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                most of it is fake news . we had about 4-5" here total , and definetly had yield loss . and nobody had more subsoil moisture than us . luckily there was very little wind here most of the time, and lots of wet nights. the wind is the real yield killer. we had borage which is deep rooted that just sat and sat ,and finally gave up . worst yield on borage ever
                I agree most stories were BS.....I heard several of those stories since this harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...