• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest 2017

How much is left? Likely area, weather and farm size specific.
    I hope this doesn't drag into next spring again for some people.

Most are wrapped up this week here. One large farm still with lots left as usual,one medium sized with lots left as usual and a couple of guys who tried soybeans which are still out. Nice to get done before Thanks Giving.Now for some fall work.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
      Most are wrapped up this week here. One large farm still with lots left as usual,one medium sized with lots left as usual and a couple of guys who tried soybeans which are still out. Nice to get done before Thanks Giving.Now for some fall work.
      Same over here. Must be 95% done. Just the usual ones left to go.

Comment

Most field work done , reclaimed 98% of our lowlands . Finished spraying yesterday.
        Tried the reseed canola yesterday, 13.3mt
        Going today if it's below 12 .

Comment

As far as the area , most guys have wrapped up this past week before the rains on Sunday.
          Just very late seeded stuff left locally.
          Guys going hard north of here was still a fair amount of crop up there to go .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Most field work done , reclaimed 98% of our lowlands . Finished spraying yesterday.
            Tried the reseed canola yesterday, 13.3mt
            Going today if it's below 12 .
            did the frost hurt it ? or can you tell yet ?

Comment

95% done here , mostly alfalfa and red clover left . and the usual d.f. ers still going in crops . got into alfalfa yesterday , going good .of course market is f$&ked . red clover really yielding poor around here , no one can say why ? ours is later , hope it's better . red clover price higher than alfalfa here , first time in history

Comment

90% done here Canola oats and flax and then Soy. Guys going in soy yesterday. No happy campers most doing lots of field work and spraying when can.

Comment

North East Edmonton: maybe two thirds done, varies by farm and how hard you pumped through drier. On our farm it will likely be the last day of nice combining. Soon be be into the drowned out crop with numerous greeny low spots.
                  Last edited by crusher; Oct 6, 2017, 07:56.

Comment

Flax and soybeans left....yikes....boy am I stupid stupid stupid

Comment

I'm about 40% done. Most of the straight cut canola needs some more time to dry down. Area is likely well ahead of that though.

Comment

Case ya the frost nailed it .
                        Was supposed to be an "early" Dekalb variety..... 15% green

Comment

Bit of crop out in spots. I'd think about 75 - 80% off in general maybe more. Usual slow pokes got stuff out but great progress made. Lot of 24 hour stretches when weather allowed. Most wheat was phenomenal but canola was disappointing for a lot of guys. My dumb ass luck my canola averaged out good and it wasn't for management or fertility. Finishing up on some oats and then a little barley. Oats not impressed with but maybe particular field needs more of something.

Comment

My general area 2/3 done. 20 miles south or east all done.
                            Snow and rain will now put the last at end of month. Hopefully.
                            Standing wheat in area now completely flat. Standing canola a little better off. Snow in swaths yet. Back roads impassable for trucks yet.
                            A tough cow to catch but we need the milk.

Comment

Any left is coming off no matter the MT, dryers humming, baggers going, weather sounds like shit, repeat 2016 October
                              Straight canola massive disappointment, aw, why did we sell our swathers.... 2mph banging, growling, tough straw. Some sprayed twice... wow that pays.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...