• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Any left is coming off no matter the MT, dryers humming, baggers going, weather sounds like shit, repeat 2016 October
    Straight canola massive disappointment, aw, why did we sell our swathers.... 2mph banging, growling, tough straw. Some sprayed twice... wow that pays.
    Exactly opposite for me. Sprayed the standing canola within 4-5 days of swathing the rest of the canola. All same variety L241C. Standing canola outyielded swathed by 6 bushels. Never kicked the stone trap open once on the old TR straight cutting. Used a 30 foot head straight cutting, swathed with a 25 foot. First day in swathed(done after straight cutting) plugged combine twice, second day plugged it and took out rotor belt. Swathes were smooth very few doghouses. I was very surprised at how well straight cutting went. I realize canola was standing very well, was a perfect year for it, still amazed at the yield difference. Determined by bin fill not weigh wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      95% done here , mostly alfalfa and red clover left . and the usual d.f. ers still going in crops..........
      I guess I'm one of those d.f. ers and sure feel like one too. 10% done and it's all been 20%+ wheat. Firing up the dryer today and it's showering again as I write. Area is probably 30-40% done but we're on western fringe of it and just can't get a break in the weather. Rain and snow forecast till Monday. Last years disaster is still haunting us (late seeded due to mud and unharvested crop) and feeling like a repeat all over again.

I just want to get this mess out of the way so it doesn't mess up next year.....again.

P.S. Maybe I'm pissy since I'm fixing the swather's wobble drive in the dark 20 miles from home and I'd love to smack the Case engineers who designed it.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        I guess I'm one of those d.f. ers and sure feel like one too. 10% done and it's all been 20%+ wheat. Firing up the dryer today and it's showering again as I write. Area is probably 30-40% done but we're on western fringe of it and just can't get a break in the weather. Rain and snow forecast till Monday. Last years disaster is still haunting us (late seeded due to mud and unharvested crop) and feeling like a repeat all over again.

I just want to get this mess out of the way so it doesn't mess up next year.....again.

P.S. Maybe I'm pissy since I'm fixing the swather's wobble drive in the dark 20 miles from home and I'd love to smack the Case engineers who designed it.
        no I know what you're going through same here last 3 years . not directed at you , hope it turns for you . we have a few here tgat never get done , ever !

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Any left is coming off no matter the MT, dryers humming, baggers going, weather sounds like shit, repeat 2016 October
          Straight canola massive disappointment, aw, why did we sell our swathers.... 2mph banging, growling, tough straw. Some sprayed twice... wow that pays.
          and have to sell it soon so it doesn't heat , lol
          a lot of swathed canola was picked up dry here in 7-9 days

Comment

no I know what you're going through same here last 3 years . not directed at you , hope it turns for you . we have a few here tgat never get done , ever !
            Every area has the perennial slow guy. Then there's bad ****ing luck. Especially us smaller guys running trash on shoestring budgets. Makes a guy wonder at guys with better iron that can't cover the ground in a timely manner when conditions are favourable.

Comment

[ATTACH]2199[/ATTACHClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	766038
              woodland , here is us last year. what a difference a year makes !

Comment

Last year was the first time we've had overwintering crop. Just hit 20% done and that's all we got off last fall.

Wilton your comment about trash and a shoestring budget is very true here. I'm 34 and lots of the equipment is marginally newer than that and some is older. We've got two tx 66's and if there's one running I'm usually happy. Rebuilding a bubble up gearbox and a pickup reel (hart carter reels are $hit) currently.

My friend has combined sept, oct, nov, dec, may, June, July. He did canola swathes in July and got $9 bu for it. We gave up on combining June 1 and started harrowing in canola and barley. Supposed to be two days of snow and rain coming pronto..... hope they're wrong since the yard is just dry again.

Comment

Nothing glamorous here. A bearing died and had to be 1 5/8 shaft. We got 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 on hand so $150 call out fee and 200 km later I guess we're going...... for now

Comment

Good ol' MC dryers, saved our rear a few times. Good Luck Woodland, the October forecast looks good here, we'll send it your way.

Comment

i was doing fine till number one son plugged the combine in 60 bushel oats so bad i have to split it. Still cant comprehend it.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                        i was doing fine till number one son plugged the combine in 60 bushel oats so bad i have to split it. Still cant comprehend it.
                        New Holland?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                          Is he still the "#1 son" ?? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                            Is he still the "#1 son" ?? Lol
                            Lol...I was going to ask the same thing....I bet he's been demoted.

So First Born Son is no longer #1!

Comment

Yep, tr96 , and to add insult to injury took over the 98 and blew out a fuel injector. I guess the boy will always be number one since he was born a minute before his twin brother. Plus 2 and showers or flurries tomorrow, quess i will source parts.

Comment

Makar

I had days like that when I was younger....luckily back then things didn't cost as much....quite sure your sons don't feel to good about the bad luck either....it can test them probably more than you.

Not the best feeling ....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...