• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Farm in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    A world commodity in "adequate" supply has no price relationship to consumer good it ends up in.
    Primary producer gets as little as possible, only enough to keep enough producers chasing the carrot to ensure a little too much supply. That way every one happy other than primary producers, who are not valued?
    What a sickening analysis.

Unfortunately, it seems to be very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
      I think Krause makes a good point. We have farmed forever in Canada, but when I think of these changes I don't know if it is worth the aggravation. One of the things that keeps me going/motivated during the hard times has been the knowledge that I can pass down something to my kids, or if they don't want to farm we could rent out the land when we get older and spend time travelling etc. Take both of those away and I honestly would consider doing something else. I don't think I am courageous enough to go farm in another country but I would consider changing careers. Stop greasing everybody else's wheels.
      P.M. sock boy puppet is working to make both of those options - passing it down or renting it out - very costly for you, for us.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Maybe they should brush up on their profiling skills or get a new scope?

[ATTACH]2164[/ATTACH]
        Ouch, that's a nasty graph, and so JTII wants to add on top of this debt a capital gains tax in all inherited capital: (seems to me the same folk that owe this debt also will own the tax on capital gains), and have to pay it with a net income that is highly unstable. Go figure. FCC should be weighing in on this one, as the billions dollar question is can the industry afford to pay a capital gains tax on land, that may well in some cases be used as collateral for current debt. Maybe there is that much money in farming but this graph will need to have a better income profile to achieve both payments: Debt & capital gain tax.

Comment

The sad thing is some on here have been clapping their hands over the huge increase in the value of land making their operations look much better on paper . All the while the Liberals have been watching and waiting for the right time to pounce on the paper millionaires out west . They are going to catch a lot with their pants down waiting for their huge windfall to sell out . Well that just passed , now the piper wants to be paid . They are starving for new tax money and where else in Canada will they get it from ? Well look out at your $500,000 1/4 tomorrow morning . The writing is on the wall and JT is coming for it .

Comment

Told ya. JT is an A hole as are all politicians!

Comment

Exactly wiseguy

Comment

Funny how quiet it is now . There were quite a few doing back flips last year on the increased value of land ..... pretty quiet now .
                We all just put a huge target on our backs and those fukin liberals are laughing now.
                Paper wealth will be toilet paper now

Comment

I can't believe how idiotic some are , do you really think the Liberals were going to just sit back and let this slip by ... really???

Comment

Why not tax lottery winnings ? There's a start . And every single religious group ?
                    The very speach JT gave at the U.N. just the other day was 90% about First Nations . Do you not think we are fuked ??
                    Who put those kids in those schools?? The Roman Catholic Church!! One of the richest organizations on earth !! Make them pay for this b/S not the everyday taxpayer .... really, WTF !!! We did not do this , it was 80 years ago . JT blowing tears out his eyes 👀, really ?? It's all a ploy to not make those reasonable that did this to the poor native kids. And yes I said poor native kids , I am not racist but for shit sakes why do my kids and my family have to pay for that b/s ??
                    It was the Roman Catholic Church pushing their agrenda onto First Nations ,not me or my kids !! I should not have to pay one red fukin cent for that or be my kids responsiblity for that . But JT is pushing that agenda , its fukin crazy .

Sorry for the swear words , my rant for the day

Comment

Are you pounding doubles and getting orator's remorse?

You'll get over the verbal diarrhea. Mine is chronic and incurable.

Comment

This goes back to the original post , "Why farm in Canada" ?? I agree we had it ok , but we also busted our asses to get there.
                        No one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymorenow or in the past .

Comment

I hear you farma , but really ?? People need to look at whats really going on !

Comment

They have not taken all the gains away yet , but JT and his buddies will do every thing they can to make us peasants.... *** him and the white horse he rode in on the the silver spoon up his ass !

Comment

Sadly you are 100 % correct

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2014/07/18/5-best-ways-for-investors-to-immigrate-to-the-united-states/#2e977ecd794d

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...