• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Sunday Thought and Question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal mindset when they identify tax "unfairness": MORE TAXES!

There, now everyone is equal and "fair" in getting screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      Once I have tax paid money in my personal hands it is legal to move it to offshore accounts, never to be taxed in Canada again.

The KPMG issue was trying to skip paying Canadian tax to start with.

If the liberals go through with their tax "fairness" reform expect that a lot of money will move offshore never to create growth or be invested in Canada. ALOT.

The liberals aren't above helping out a few friends regarding the first round of taxation when they let the Irvings skip out on a billion dollars of tax when taking the bulk of their investments offshore.

Are you sure of that statement that once you have paid tax on the money, you can move it off-shore never to be taxed again? I assume that you mean that only the income generated by that money off-shore is taxable in Canada if you are a Canadian resident?

Comment

I wouldn't want to give you tax advice. 😀

I believe the US taxes worldwide income, however I dont think Canada does. That is the purpose of offshore havens. I think, if you repatriate any of the profit it is taxed.

It is all legal if you pay the proper tax before you move the money offshore.

Comment

Money "problems" of the rich and famous....usually the only money problem we have here in the Slum of the Ghetto is not enough of it.

Comment

If politicians had to pay tax after life in politics, his wouldn't be am issue. They should have to live with the decisions they make. Only group in at the 1% level not paying tax are the pols. They are pointing the finger while 4 are pointing back at them.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              The other question is why does the government go soft on those wealthy Canadians who can hide from tax in tax havens? The Conservatives and the Liberals have both shown little interest in preventing and prosecuting the wealthy from sheltering their wealth in tax havens. KPMG was at the centre of this scandal as detailed in some of the following links from CBC and Huff post..

It doesn't seem to matter whether it is the Conservatives or the Liberals in power they both have strong connections to the rich and powerful in this country and won't prosecute tax evasion unless it is small potatoes and an easy target.

The current proposals for taxing small businesses were originally aimed at high income professionals who are using the advantage of small incorporated business to reduce taxes. I think there is merit to doing something about those problems.

Other less profitable and unique small businesses including farms are getting caught up in this broad approach. Fairness in the tax system is important.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/harper-government-partnered-with-industry-group-battling-cra-over-kpmg-case-1.3257994

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cabinet-ministers-met-publicly-with-kpmg-while-firm-s-tax-sham-under-cra-probe-1.3234876

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dennis-howlett/kpmg-tax-fraud-isle-of-man_b_15267920.html?utm_hp_ref=ca-kpmg
              Exactly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...