• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Western Producer and other farm publications , canola council, Apas , etc

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    "We have the best crop of alfalfa ever and theyre telling us theyre not buying common at all"

Good to hear, it was a perfect year for alfalfa seed setting and that is the underlying problem. Huge crops coming off in Alberta which are under irrigation which means plenty of inventory.

Do you not enter into production contracts?
    Used to but they had a goofy system of say 15-20 cents over common . Then theyd pick the common price land it was always less than competitors common price
    So no its all common unfortunately
    You dont need 3-4000 bu do you , lol?

Comment

Now the cbc has jumped on board about the better wheat varieties.....for **** sakes already .....it about reserve soil moisture....not the variety....but it justifies the wheat checkoff....wonder who wrote or promoted the article.....

Had we had 6 wet years prior to 1988 along with min-til....88 wouldn't have been so bad....

The gluten thing and reclassifiction of varieties is stupid as well.

Guys are finding good yields with brandon wheat but lower proteins....

God gave people brains why the **** can't they use the ****ing thing......
      Last edited by bucket; Sep 18, 2017, 06:53.

Comment

I have tried to get similar bonuses on other crops here also and not had any luck. UK ****seed has two or three crushers and all uk ****seed is crushed in the UK. This allows them to give us these bonuses at no cost to themselves. However as they compete with each other I think the base price would be higher if the bonuses did not exist.

Wheat for example has many many buyers and each has their own different requirement for some moisture has a value.
        A Spanish miller explained it to me like this French wheat is average 12% and UK 14.5% although he pays less for UK wheat than French he gives us a bonus.
        He sells a 16% so can add much more water to the french wheat than UK so although £2 less it is a £3 bonus as the water value would be £5 less

Most other buyer's though are unable to benefit from extra dry or extra protein so will not pay.

The fact that Canada exports so much canola would make a UK system difficult I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          Actually MB is the problem. Your oil content is so low that your representatives will never agree to an oil content pricing scheme.

Grain should be sold on dry matter only, but i agree mcfarms, that was impossible at that time. I doubt the results would be any different today. Pretty simple to throw out resolutions at meetings for dry matter sales.

McFarms link
          [URL="http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year"]http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year[/URL]
          15 years from now there wont be a mb canola group. beans as far as the eye can see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...