• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Western Producer and other farm publications , canola council, Apas , etc

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Western Producer and other farm publications , canola council, Apas , etc

here is a story for you , do an article asking why farmers don't get paid for under dry canola or grain , but are charged shrinkage and drying as soon as it's over dry ? And also why we don't get paid a premium if oil is higher in canola ? Refer to an earlier post by Ianben if you want to see how it works in other countries including the U.K. ? Wonder where all our farm interest groups are on these topics ?

🐵🙈🙉🙊
    I said in an earlier thread .... the entire Ag Industry in western Canada 🇨🇦 has become way over fat and bloated .not a word will be spoken

Comment

Western Producer is too busy printing crap like this article:

http://www.producer.com/2017/09/new-varieties-rescue-wheat-crop/

We should all bow down to the plant breeders who use our checkoff dollars. They saved the day and are responsible for at least 50% of the 60-70 bushels we got on 1 inch of rain. BARFFF! Definetely not renewing my susbsciption.

Comment

I read that...then thought how ****ing stupid it is....

The comment below the article pretty much wraps up my thoughts....
        Last edited by bucket; Sep 17, 2017, 05:47.

Comment

What about not getting paid for protein above 15.5% some years.

Getting charged cleaning fees and then adding dockage up to commercially clean specs.

Comment

....nearly impossible fusarium specs, .25% for #1 CWRS and .5% for #1 and two CWAD. Ya ok...maybe attainable in a drought year, but.....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              here is a story for you , do an article asking why farmers don't get paid for under dry canola or grain , but are charged shrinkage and drying as soon as it's over dry ? And also why we don't get paid a premium if oil is higher in canola ? Refer to an earlier post by Ianben if you want to see how it works in other countries including the U.K. ? Wonder where all our farm interest groups are on these topics ?
              canola council too busy taking the industry out for meals, and drinks, having a good ole time laughing at us dumb farmers.

Comment

Commission meetings will be this fall get together a proposal go to one get it passed as a resolution. Go to the annual meeting present and get it passed there etc etc. You want it to get to the table and then the western standards commitee , take a look at the members, lobby them. I did a lot of work on this 10 or 15 years ago and I was ON the western standards commitee and couldn't get it accomplished. No one canola , cgc, elevators wanted to make it happen then. Perhaps the appetite has changed.
                And FYI the western producer did do a story on this topic just a couple days ago.
                Here's a recent a very good article on the subject.

[URL="http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year"]http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year[/URL]
                Last edited by mcfarms; Sep 17, 2017, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  canola council too busy taking the industry out for meals, and drinks, having a good ole time laughing at us dumb farmers.
                  Actually MB is the problem. Your oil content is so low that your representatives will never agree to an oil content pricing scheme.

Grain should be sold on dry matter only, but i agree mcfarms, that was impossible at that time. I doubt the results would be any different today. Pretty simple to throw out resolutions at meetings for dry matter sales.

McFarms link
                  [URL="http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year"]http://www.wallacesfarmer.com/grain-handling/how-much-grain-are-you-giving-away-each-year[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Actually MB is the problem. Your oil content is so low that your representatives will never agree to an oil content pricing scheme.

Grain should be sold on dry matter only, but i agree mcfarms, that was impossible at that time. I doubt the results would be any different today. Pretty simple to throw out resolutions at meetings for dry matter sales.

McFarms link
                    Thanks mc farms and tweety , pretty well sums it up !

Comment

I would prefer to get off the "merry-go-round" and "roller-coaster" rather than get on any more rides in this ****ing circus. I'm closer to stepping out than just having stepped in.... too old too soon too smart too late.

Seems positive changes for the Producer that should be a given need to be negotiated by begging and pleading on knees....all the while negative changes towards Producers happen easily while we're bent over.

....never have so many relied on so few, in so many ways!
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 17, 2017, 08:16.

Comment

Caseih

You don't need to point fingers at farm groups or farm publications for not speaking out but rather at the Western Canadian farmers mentality every man for himself.

Have you not realized this from just posting here on Agriville. Other countries farmers have formed co-ops. Your an alfalfa seed grower, have you ever heard of forage seed company DLF Seed and Science from Denmark, the most powerful forage seed company in the world and a farmer coop.

Just one example, do you see anything of the sort here in Canada?

Comment

That's because most of the egos are too big.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            Caseih

You don't need to point fingers at farm groups or farm publications for not speaking out but rather at the Western Canadian farmers mentality every man for himself.

Have you not realized this from just posting here on Agriville. Other countries farmers have formed co-ops. Your an alfalfa seed grower, have you ever heard of forage seed company DLF Seed and Science from Denmark, the most powerful forage seed company in the world and a farmer coop.

Just one example, do you see anything of the sort here in Canada?
                            Agreed , forage .didnt realize dlf was a coop
                            We have dlf un nipawin , but havent been able to sell anything yet .
                            Not really pointing fingers. Just trying toget it talked about
                            Good on western producer for that article
                            We have the best crop of alfalfa ever and theyre telling us theyre not buying common at all

Comment

"We have the best crop of alfalfa ever and theyre telling us theyre not buying common at all"

Good to hear, it was a perfect year for alfalfa seed setting and that is the underlying problem. Huge crops coming off in Alberta which are under irrigation which means plenty of inventory.

Do you not enter into production contracts?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...