• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be canola in this area well below 30 as well . Never fun harvesting canola with a 2 in front .
    I hope moisture conditions improve later this fall , a lot of areas will need to replenish soil moisture or next year may not very nice.
    Scary , this is the way the year 2000 went ..... then 2001 and 2002 came . I sure hope not

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	765966

I started to open up some fields that are close to the yard. Did swath first field of shitty RR Pioneer Canola that had some nice spots and then some ugly as sin. But i do not need to have some one come out and tell me where the Gravel is on that half. Combine yield monitor will definitely tell.
      Funny thing even in the Better stuff i started last night (Picture above}. Yes it is thicker but plant is tall and only podded for a bit on top and pods are smaller and like all are saying even this shit will have small seeds. Its ripe and seeds are small. I hope its not like years ago fill a trailer right up to the tarp hoops and go to town and have 989 bus.

We pay way to much for shitty seed in Canada and Canola is a crop that the seed companies screw us on and it can't take most problems.

Big Crop my ass it could end up at 15.9 MT yet.

Comment

No seed grows well in gravely land when rain is limited in June / July

Comment

Yea i agree with that its a run on that half for about almost the mile. Whats below is worth more than whats on top. Rest is good black dirt.

Comment

I think it was 49 days without any rain(or the odd shit shower less than a tenth) from June 15 to Aug 2 when we got a third of an inch. The canola pepper was already in the pods before swathing. Hot dry winds and no rain will probably do that. Someone please tell me how the hell you manage a crop like this. It had two growths(albeit not that far apart, but still...two growths) There was definitely some insect damage as well. But the biggest kick in the nuts was the lack of rain.... Can't seem to say drought on this site because no one will define it. Maybe someone can read back through my posts and discredit me or call bullshit on anything and everything I've been posting.

I sure don't like the results of this year's canola crop but I sure as hell have to live with it!

Comment

Who you going To call grass ass farmer. He's good at rechecking spelling and proper English.

But on anything else not a f$&king clue.

I said it all summer you can't go a whole 45 plus days with wind and heat and no rain and expect nothing more.

Sub soil was a help.
              Continued dry the roots went down.
              Dew
              Hail last year.
              Years of flooding.

Now 2018 that could be interesting.

Comment

It is amazing that anything survived those conditions. We were just lucky that June 14 rain turned around at Manitoba border and came back to soak us darn well. After that not a fricken drop, just hot wind. But it could have been worse, just needed to drive a few miles south to see worse crops.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...