• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray jugs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray jugs

The Niagara Falls thread got me thinking.
    How many here take their jugs and boxes to a collection point?
    It seems the burn pit is the new old thing.
    My yard here is so close to town I dont dare burn. Would if I could.

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    The Niagara Falls thread got me thinking.
    How many here take their jugs and boxes to a collection point?
    It seems the burn pit is the new old thing.
    My yard here is so close to town I dont dare burn. Would if I could.
    When you return em they get recycled into drainage tile. When the drainage tile gets recycled it turns into baby bottles and potable water pipe. Yum!

Comment

Here the boxes get burned, I don't think Sask has a chem box recycling aspect to it and I doubt they want them in the regular paper/cardboard recycling bins.... too many and bulky(even if collapsed) and probably deemed a hazard.

The Chem handler rinsed jugs are taken to the local retailer,,,, they hate it. And I feel it is a bit of a pain in the ass for us too. How do these and other recycling programs ever leave a smaller footprint than just burning them. All the time, fuel and resources consumed wouldn't seem to offset the negative affects of burning everything. I've seen a pile of boxes and jugs beside a creek that runs in spring.... now that I think is bullshit!!! Move it!

If you buy chem from multiple retailers where do you take the jugs back to? The most convenient place to you? How would you as a retailer like to handle the recycled jugs bought at a different retailer? Then there is the complaint about filling the bags too full.... heavy, awkward, hard to handle, not properly tied shut and opening or the bags simply splitting open.

Kind of a cluster****..... but we are paying for it through the cost of the chemical.

Comment

It is my understanding that all chemical boxes must be burnt, so that's what we do.A neighbour builds incinerators in the winter so we got one and burn all chem boxes.

Comment

Burn boxes and return jugs.... I fill a stock trailer q couple times a season.

Comment

You think plastic Chem jugs are a problem just wait for the grain bag issues that are coming.

Comment

We take rinsed jugs to landfill for pickup and recycling.

We take the boxes the jugs came in to regular recycling. The cardboard is so much in weight, I can't stand the thought of just burning them. Also, I met some people from the pulp and paper industry that are soooo pro union it's beyond sickening. Anything I can do to save a tree from that bunch I'll keep doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                We take rinsed jugs to landfill for pickup and recycling.

We take the boxes the jugs came in to regular recycling. The cardboard is so much in weight, I can't stand the thought of just burning them. Also, I met some people from the pulp and paper industry that are soooo pro union it's beyond sickening. Anything I can do to save a tree from that bunch I'll keep doing.

I find the boxes smell from being stored in the Chem sheds. Some even have chem residue on them from jugs that are poorly sealed or spills.

Comment

Our town has the local cardboard recycling centre. They absolutely refuse chem boxes because of potential residue.

Rinsed jugs are bagged and taken to the retailer.

Extra amigo and unused old chemical taken in in the fall on the program by cleanfarms??

I read somewhere where rinsate beds are a coming bmp to be promoted which I am considering.

Comment

Local site always has room for jugs. But the cardboard bin for them is only a 3 yard bin. Always full! Big pia.
                    Methinks the recycle program for them still a moneymaker for somebody and a moneyloser for the recyclers.
                    Flattened my pile with forklift first this year.
                    How much a big incinerator cost??

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      Our town has the local cardboard recycling centre. They absolutely refuse chem boxes because of potential residue.

Rinsed jugs are bagged and taken to the retailer.

Extra amigo and unused old chemical taken in in the fall on the program by cleanfarms??

I read somewhere where rinsate beds are a coming bmp to be promoted which I am considering.

What does the rinsate bed entail? A pad or depression in the ground with lime or something to neutralize the pesticide?

Comment

I am shocked that a Saskatchewan farmer hasn't come up with a chemical box and jug fired boiler to heat their shop and house. Maybe dry some grain too.

Comment

Braveheart. Union comment hilarious.

Comment

Roundup barrels returned..used simplicity go dri and paradigm this yr..very few jugs/bottles to recycle.

Comment

From what I understand a rinsate bed is a lined raised bed of dirt about 1.5 or 2 ft deep. Maybe 20 x 20. Just guessing, grassy.

I was going to research it more in the winter.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...