• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you have end users such as millers and bakers doing a crop tour. Of course they are going to overstate the crop and say it's not to bad. I bet they are buying every bushel they can while posting misleading numbers.

Here is a link of producer comments from all over the US.

https://www.agweb.com/agweb-crop-comments/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT0RWbFl6QXdaV0ZtTkRKbSIsInQiOiJkW lBWXC9YQ0xjaHU4cXhYSlE3UGhsWlN3WngxeWtBRTNmRlg5TUZ 3SnVLUitHWmRMWCtneFJxMWh2XC9qMHp2M25nZGxJSmduV1R4T 2FPYk1LYUhHcFlGQjBYMkc2TEZ3WkwrVnkwWDgwQlFnMFpEM0J QSGNvaWlucXBFRnVzQ1hTIn0%3D

Comment

Look at the Twitter pics. Saying this is a 28 bu crop and everyone is giving them shit... Obviously a sub 10 bu crop lol!!!

Comment

When a crop gets really bad it's a challenge to harvest. Crop Insurance came out to assess our wheat once and said it would go 12. Decided to leave it. 4 bpa final result

Comment

Crop checking this morning. Noticed some volunteer grain that came after that June rain actually died and the others that didn't are basically nothing. 2015(on our farm) must have had enough rain along the way to keep that undergrowth alive. I don't know if I ever experienced a stretch of time this long without meaningful rain, or I just wasn't paying attention like I am now.

....more whining, right?

Comment

Nope. She's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
              Nope. She's bad.
              Just combining our first barley field west of Lethbridge. Seeded second week of April running 35-40 bus 45lbs per bushel. Hearing of under 40 bus weight further east. Also in SE Alberta lentilsnrunong under 10 bus and the best peas so far running 25. Have a neighbour who got some durum in late for here mid may and looks like he might get 5 bus. Heads are not filling at all. 40-60km winds today 32 degs. 14 day forecast has more days above 33 then below

Comment

Thanks Vwalk I new it was bad and it's just going to get worse. Crop report from sask ag sugar coated it a bit but like always make it sound better than it is. Today not much wind here but heat and no cloud cover like yesterday barley that was early is changing and surprise surprise surprise malt is up to $5.50 today ****ers are finally getting the point a huge area is going backwards and the wet is late and flooding in places plus they counted last falls production so they kind of can't do the math and create 120 bushel canola or wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                  Just combining our first barley field west of Lethbridge. Seeded second week of April running 35-40 bus 45lbs per bushel. Hearing of under 40 bus weight further east. Also in SE Alberta lentilsnrunong under 10 bus and the best peas so far running 25. Have a neighbour who got some durum in late for here mid may and looks like he might get 5 bus. Heads are not filling at all. 40-60km winds today 32 degs. 14 day forecast has more days above 33 then below
                  Durum is really in trouble. 95% of where durum is grown in North America has had the hottest driest on record. Depending on what there really is for carry over i don't see why we won't see $15+ durum. Even $20+. Want that long ago we saw the prices that high

Comment

I agree with you on durum proabably even last years shit will fetch a nice price

Comment

crops really looking good in this little pocket , but they're probably to late . I'm sure she'll get us one way or another . plane still spraying carumbra on some peoples wheat today ! canary and barley aren't real great though

Comment

Just wild extremes on prairies as a whole. Just like caseih, looks great but late here too....Click image for larger version

Name:	Jatharia and 7444.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	765879

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Thanks for posting that hobby,...... goes to show.(in more than one way)
                          We stood in the field of peas up to my belt, all tangled together pods everywhere. I saw a few volunteer hemp plants, a bit of mustard and all peas. After he explained how and why they seed this way, I realized how simple it can be and how much I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            We stood in the field of peas up to my belt, all tangled together pods everywhere. I saw a few volunteer hemp plants, a bit of mustard and all peas. After he explained how and why they seed this way, I realized how simple it can be and how much I dont know.
                            Care to elaborate on that last point? What was the reason for broadcasting the peas in the first place? Too wet from last fall, didnt get the hemp stubble worked down?

Comment

Due to a big snow storm in early October They did not get the hemp stubble worked down. They buried the hemp stubble and planted peas all at once. It looked like it worked great. It was a beautiful crop, no root rot. All peas a few weeds.

Comment

Good info but its north of the 16 and that is paradise this year. Like it use to be. We always got to be part of that group but for some unknown reason this year the line starts 15 miles East of Us. Next year maybe it will move back to normal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...