• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	777656

Well another week has come and gone and the supposed rain last Friday started just 15 miles from us to the east and took off to create a oasis of beauty for some and a shit show for others.

Here is a look at a map for western canada on moisture the last 30 and 60 days. Some of you are fooling your self on yields. Unfortunately for lots of us it's going to be a disappointing harvest. Ah your canola might bushel at 25 as it hits the bin but when you haul it in try 18 with the weight. Wheat will have little light kernels and barley will be the same. Now they issued a weather warning for heat for most of the west. F$&k some with good moisture will be failing.

To put a spin on this drought and yes it's a drought if you take my sons, me my father and my grandfathers farming life we have never been skunked for rain in July. Never since 1887. To the trolls do the math.

Karma is a bitch to all the trolls your time will come.

Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	777657

Politics I have one question how the hell did Truedeu get on the cover of Rolling Stones.maybe Mad magazine. The world loves a clown I guess.

Ok here we go

Hrs has started to go backwards, disease is getting fields that didn't spray, heavy land is doing ok but the next week will cream it. Yield prospects will be half of our usual wheat. It's sad to say but that's all she wrote. You take your poorer land and your best average out and it's half. Cereals will do better than rest but that's it. Half.

Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	777658

Barley the early seeded fields are turning or burning or just running out of gas. Swathing by the seed growers will begin next week and were a week after that. Yield on early better than late but half last years.

Oats is holding on so far it's short and thin with signs of white showing up. Yield down to early to tell but heat that's coming will cook.

Peas are in final count down with early swatting and desicating taking place on Monday probably for some earlier. Yields again won't be that great but probably better than most thought. It made it before it ran out of gas. Short and probably 70% of normal.

Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	777659

Late seeded that are just flowering or finishing might want to check because aphids are out and ugly.

Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	777660
    Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Jul 27, 2017, 06:55.

The drought word is tough to see in printed articles.....that keep the politicians from having to give a shit. ....

Bombardier had a drought in plane sales and never left the government tit. ...costs fully covered and backed by the government and still remains a private entity.....

Comment

Lentils are podding and check your fields you might want to spray.

Soy the dream crop many new guys grew has issues. Iron deficiency in a cool spring these fields are finally starting to show signs of life. Ours use to be up abiogenesis the knee and flowering by now when we grew them. This year below knee and just showing a true right color. Time will tell but rain is needed to make any thing

. Click image for larger version

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	765875

Corn where it's raining is doing very good where it isn't not that great to ugly.

Finally canola and pepper and ugly. The early stuff is done flowering and will be the best now that another week of extreme heat is coming. But it to is showing that you will see the end of the swather as you cut. Again early will be half of last years for sure late still might pick up with some moisture but heat is on way and no sign of that so by next week late will be very bad.

Shit fields haven't recovered much and most aren't that great so take last years and divide by two when ordering bags or bins. Oh wait you won't need them this year.

Views:	2
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	765876

Pastures are going backwards fast and no second cut of any thing.

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	765877

So math for trolls or dummies on 2017 crop.

Canola 200000 last year 100000 this average last $2200000. This $1250000. Loss of $950,000
      Hrs 200000 last year 100000 this average last year $1400000 this is 850000. Loss of $550,000

So yes this is a example to all the trolls example but basically $1,500,000 or 150 a acre gone.

Now look at the dry area and tell me again how big of yields Saskatchewan Manitoba and Alberta will have.

It's a example but most will be surprised at how little their crop insurance gars etc will pay out.

Driest since 1887 or to the slower ones 130 years it's never been this long without rain for a area.

Yes it's just a crop and the ones at home are way more important. Off to Saskatoon as my oldest needs his stuff delivered for fall as he leaves to pursue a carrier as a millwright. And other family as a Engineer.

Comment

Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	765878

Yea this is just what we needed.

Comment

How is it that your wheat will yield half of last year but info from the wheat tour suggests that in the worst hit areas of the Dakotas they will be down 25%. Do they grow superior genetics?

Comment

Crusher

They don't use yields off baled fields....by excluding the shit fields.... yields go up....

**** I was reading the wheat tour comments....they have people on the tour just learning the difference between wheat and durum.....And how to count heads shriveled by drought.....

How can that be a reliable source of data....

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
              How is it that your wheat will yield half of last year but info from the wheat tour suggests that in the worst hit areas of the Dakotas they will be down 25%. Do they grow superior genetics?
              Ours is half yield as well.

Comment

...........going through the big "D" and I don't mean Dallas....

Comment

Ok,,,, I am hoping for a yield that would be half of last year's.... because last year was stellar for us!! If its half of our "average".... that will be so much poorer.

I might have to move in with you this winter SF3..... I'm an easy keeper, I don't eat much and drink even less. Or maybe I will house sit for you(you supply the groceries).

Comment

Follow me south booze is cheap and so is mix you pay lots for water. So strait booze diet. Portions are bigger so only need one meal a day.

Now to crusher and superior genetics are you just a troll like the rest or just that F$&King stupid.

Most on the ND tour are rookies from industry like bakers bankers etc and now they aren't even going to Montana are not counting bailed fields or poor fields. Lots of rookies like bucket said so yea it's a real shit show.

Half is my number but maybe in la la land you will produce 120 wheat and canada will have a great crop.

It's a drought boys and yes I asked for it and I'm getting it. That's correct you eat your words. But it's sure drying up the sloughs nice. Have a fire truck handy for harvest.

Reality is the guys with rain aren't going to yield more that last few years heat the next week will take some from them. So Canadian production will be way down. Can't put lipstick on this pig it's still a pig.

Comment

SF3.... I think this weather is making you a bit "sensitive"..... crusher may be implying that the wheat tour is out to lunch?

Ah **** it, let crusher explain his intent!

Comment

I don't think the tour even went to Williams county-highest durum producing county in ND in 2016.
                        This year nearly all areas of durum production in ND and Montana are rated severe, extreme or exception drought areas. Time will tell

Comment

Yea crusher explain are you being a troll like some or had a question. Trolls are wrecking discussions

Comment

I did an organic farm your yesterday about 1-1/2 hours north of Saskatoon.
                            Not exactly Ag in Motion caliber.
                            The guy broadcasted 3 bu/acre peas on top of his hemp stubble. He then tandem disked it all in. He didnt like the job from the disk so he hit it again with a pro till and let it be. There has been some rain. Those peas are looking at least 40 bu/acre and contracted for $14.00/bushel.
                            Very interesting methods. Precision broadcasting peas.

Comment

Thanks for posting that hobby,...... goes to show.(in more than one way)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...