• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusarium

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusarium

I was just thinking about fuz in wheat and how there may not be any with dry conditions . Does that mean they'll have to use ergot to downgrade wheat again ? Or will there be enough drought shrivelled kernels to do the downgrade ? Will be interesting to see what strategy they use if fuz is non existent , lol

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    I was just thinking about fuz in wheat and how there may not be any with dry conditions . Does that mean they'll have to use ergot to downgrade wheat again ? Or will there be enough drought shrivelled kernels to do the downgrade ? Will be interesting to see what strategy they use if fuz is non existent , lol

Crazy talk!!! Talk like that gets you labeled negative! Shame on you!!!!!!!!;-)

Comment

We'll have frost damage from harvesting in 30-35C temps.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Crazy talk!!! Talk like that gets you labeled negative! Shame on you!!!!!!!!;-)
        just looked like we needed some humour on here. sad thing is they will find something

Comment

They will call badly heat damaged kernels as frost. Watch!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            They will call badly heat damaged kernels as frost. Watch!
            Actually it is called Heat Stress looks the same as frost and has same detrimental effects on end use. Yes is likely going to be a factor if heat keeps up during maturity.

Comment

It'll be what it'll be. Yeah fuz will probably be lower but will likely see some more heat and shrivled.

It's not hey let's pick something to call it a feed. Dry conditions result in less disease and more heat/shrivled damaged.

It's a balancing act overall but i honestly think we are going to have a lot more good quality wheat than last year.

Yes you will be called negative because you are negative. I'll call a spade a spade all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                It'll be what it'll be. Yeah fuz will probably be lower but will likely see some more heat and shrivled.

It's not hey let's pick something to call it a feed. Dry conditions result in less disease and more heat/shrivled damaged.

It's a balancing act overall but i honestly think we are going to have a lot more good quality wheat than last year.

Yes you will be called negative because you are negative. I'll call a spade a spade all day long.

Good to have an opinion from the grain buying side of the trade. .....the Great Defender....a sea wall to break all the negative waves!

What ever you do guys don't call it as you see it or stand up for yourselves....and a spade is a spade no matter which hand its played from!

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post

It was a feeble attempt at humour and you are ignorant
                  But please tell me why ergot doesnt matter anymore ?? That cost us a lot of money before fuz came along. It was deadly at micro % before that
                  Last edited by Guest; Jul 25, 2017, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    Actually it is called Heat Stress looks the same as frost and has same detrimental effects on end use. Yes is likely going to be a factor if heat keeps up during maturity.
                    And the solution is......... falling number assessment with scientific, globally accepted, every day specification. Is canada the only country that isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                      And the solution is......... falling number assessment with scientific, globally accepted, every day specification. Is canada the only country that isn't?
                      Falling Number has nothing to do with FR/Heat Stress it is result of sprouting. Fr/Hts is a milling issue and flour loss and color issue.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Please take a look at Cardiff Farms Interview, Govan, SK, Canada https://youtu.be/zyIDfAR2bJM?list=PL1ah518U450tTjrp6tL1KHw4550uB9xQ Y
                        Last edited by Graincleaner; Aug 4, 2017, 09:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...