• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in it. Lake time **** it this one is over zero rain in July!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think SF3 should be aspired too as a model of perseverance and determination despite all odds, whether it be mother nature, the govt, railroads, neighbours, Chinese, etc.., all conspiring against him to force him to the brink. For he now has seen the worst of droughts ever seen. And we all know the only worse fate then a drought is flooding of biblical proportions, which SF3 has had to contend with for at least a decade or two. Some people in other areas may have it much worse then SF3, but they don't count as they are not used to what could of been, nothing gained nothing lost. So my hat is off to you SF3, for you are not only able to survive in times of such hardship, but thrive. Are you sure you are not a closet ndp'er.

Seriously though, it really sucks being so close to great potential, and have it taken away by lack of rain or hail or a number of things beyond your control. It makes a person feel powerless, and for that I can't fault you. I enjoy your posts, keep em coming, but sometimes you have to back it off a notch, as your posts and pics can show two entirely different things.

Comment

Was scared i might drop my phone in the crack and need an excavator. What would you rather have HRS that runs 60 and sells for $6 or HRS that runs 40 and sells for $9? Its bad but could be much worse Mallee could have had a bumper, US too. We will survive but starting to get nervous for next year. The snowmobile hasn't left the shed for two winters hope thats not the case again.

Comment

JJ....was that an attempt at sarcasm?!¿!?

Comment

Drought is relative. It's been 17 years since the last drought cycle. Just like '99 it rained and rained last year. Then the first year of the cycle in 2000 most guys around here at least grew a crop on reserve moisture just like this year. This year, like 2000 should get your attention. Lord knows it's gotten mine. Like I said in a previous post, potential yield has been stifled by between 30 and 70% depending on the crop in relation to how things looked when we sprayed.

Heaven help us if next year resembles 2001 and 2 years from now is a repeat of 2002... in '02 i remember double swathing wheat grown on summerfallow into 44ft rows that we picked up with an old 750 Massey in road gear. Hardly an acre of pulses or oilseed even went through a combine. Dugouts and water wells ran dry. Pastures looked like the moon.

We should be grateful for what we have this year, just like every year, and use it to prepare for next year, for next year's bumper is never a certainty.

Comment

got to feel bad for the young guns try to do everything right and getting this threw at them.sorry sask farmer no sympathy for you from me.You still do not know what a drought is.The second year is when things get bad.Grasshoppers no pasture no hay pump water no subsoil moisture in spring and the list goes on.first year is a wake up call.

Comment

farma,,,re JJ,,,I think that's what a backhanded complement sounds like.

Comment

This site should have a disclaimer warning! "May cause depression or anxiety". Gee whiz.

Comment

Just finished mondays crop scouting and plants are almost out of moisture. The coming heat will do its work. This weeks crop report will show a decline of 50% of normal and dropping. Some laugh and think it's funny how Ive went from extreme mud and flood conditions to no rain at all. Karma is a Bitch remember.

Heat and wind and no rain for over a month make it a shot show. Count my lucky stars.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Just finished mondays crop scouting and plants are almost out of moisture. The coming heat will do its work. This weeks crop report will show a decline of 50% of normal and dropping. Some laugh and think it's funny how Ive went from extreme mud and flood conditions to no rain at all. Karma is a Bitch remember.

Heat and wind and no rain for over a month make it a shot show. Count my lucky stars.
                    It's a shot show alright with all this wind....a shot of rye....a shot of vodka...repeat.....

Comment

We would of survived this year without that f$&king wind. It drys out what little is left.
                      Alcohol sales will be through the roof this winter. To bad the liberals didn't have the pot law in place it could of been a great start year.

Comment

Don't you mean wine and cheese sales?

I'm debating starting a pool for what SF3 compains about next.
                        Current canidates are
                        1. Why is grass no green
                        2. I regret placing a number in my name
                        3. Why is the earth a sphere, should be shaped like Sk the only place that matters

Comment

Klinger your so ****ing smart whats your crop looking like or did you get a rain in the last week.

Answer the question before you open your F$%KIng mouth!

Comment

Must have gone to the same school neither of you can spell, lol.

Comment

Do the weather people on Regina and Saskatoon always wish away rainy days, and sound so disappointed when there is a chance of showers? Global TV in Winterpeg has a real dummy on morning news. No fckn rain all summer, and when ever there is a chance of rain she can't emphasize enough how much it won't happen. And when the forecast is for 30+ Celsius and humidity of 60% its the greatest thing in the world. What a dope.

Comment

Unfortunately farming is at the mercy of the weather. Just make the best of it , complaining won't change it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...