• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat Warning is Issued. Markets say its all good nothing to see here, move along.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the "oh its overexaggerated" crowd needs to take a little drive down south past weyburn. A total disaster as in "is that supposed to be canola?"
    Last edited by biglentil; Jul 7, 2017, 06:59.

Comment

Markets will hang on as long as possible before the panic sets in.
      Crops in the wet zone from Tisdale west to PA look good considering the super wet spring guys were given there..just late..
      We have lots of subsoil moisture..hope it saves the crop.
      Waiting for crop insurance guy to check our 125 to wet to seed acres.
      Now most of it almost dry..

Comment

I haven't seen crops this bad since the 80s but as sf3 says nothing to see here. The trade is so full of shit you would almost think they are liberal.

Comment

Someone had asked for pictures of the crops not looking so good.

I drove yesterday from regina south to plentywood, I didn't have much time to stop but here are the only soybeans I saw.

And here is one shot of the wheat

Lots of very ugly patchy near non-existent canola too but I didn't grab a pic, just too hard too look at.

Farmers in plentywood already getting panicky about the lack of hay

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Your profitability is of little concern to the traders/merchants. If my crops yield in the low twenties and everyone else's are in the forties, the grain markets don't care if the prices paid that turn most everyone else a profit don't turn my farm a profit. ....that's my problem!

Make no mistake....they are fully aware of what's happening. Also remember some of the GrainCos get to choose which "shelf", the Canadian, Australian, American shelf or which ever they will take product from to make a sale. Global market. They are margin traders and if they can...spread takers.

Good luck and hang in there. Some are, or will be in bigger trouble than others....it isn't very pretty here already.
            The "shelf" thing is kinda half right. They will pull from where ever they have the cheapest product that meets the desired spec. That doesn't just mean countries but more different parts of one. For example hey lets buy all of Saskatchewan cheap good quality oats for $0.25/bu less than what i have to pay in Manitoba.

Merchants and Graincos offer premiums/better basis where it will have the most impact and buy the most grain. Same decision you make with chemical. Best bang for your buck

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
              The "shelf" thing is kinda half right. They will pull from where ever they have the cheapest product that meets the desired spec. That doesn't just mean countries but more different parts of one. For example hey lets buy all of Saskatchewan cheap good quality oats for $0.25/bu less than what i have to pay in Manitoba.

Merchants and Graincos offer premiums/better basis where it will have the most impact and buy the most grain. Same decision you make with chemical. Best bang for your buck

Soooo, no one from the trade looks or listens to comments on AV....? Probably as many or possibly more than contributing Producers.

Comment

From Kamsack to Yorkton, crops look just fine, some later, cereals heading thick/ tall, Canola bolting/blooming.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                  Question is who cares about Manitoba in the sense of overall production? Write a story about crops are ok in less then 10% of total prairie production?. Always wondered why so much attention is given to Manitoba when just a small chunk of Saskatchewan would produce more. They can have bumber crops there and it doesn't matter for overall prairie production. Our forecast by Lethbridge despite being 30-35 for the next 14 days is also for 30-50km winds at times. There is lots of sub 20 bus crops of everything coming in this neck of the woods

Same goes with s. Alberta. Just some dry beans, potatoes and grass lands. 95% of AB production is in central ab and the peace.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                    Same goes with s. Alberta. Just some dry beans, potatoes and grass lands. 95% of AB production is in central ab and the peace.
                    Mbgrower. Being a smart ass I see. What part of ALL of Manitoba being 10% of prairie production is wrong? Where do you draw the line for southern Alberta? Your right no crops grown south of Calgary or Airdire or Red deer.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                      Mbgrower. Being a smart ass I see. What part of ALL of Manitoba being 10% of prairie production is wrong? Where do you draw the line for southern Alberta? Your right no crops grown south of Calgary or Airdire or Red deer.
                      Manitoba 15 percent of wheat and canola acres . Probably closer to 20% production of those 2 crops

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                        Manitoba 15 percent of wheat and canola acres . Probably closer to 20% production of those 2 crops
                        2017 numbers
                        Canola. Manitoba 3.1 out of 22.8
                        All wheat. Manitoba 2.7 out of 22.4
                        Barley. Ab and Sask grow 90% of all barley in Canada

During the CWB Manitoba was 9-10% of what they sold

Comment

Beans and corn. What is canola?

Comment

This all started off the Syngenta article. They weren't talking about corn and beans. And Manitoba is really irrelevant to the corn and soy futures

Comment

Exactly 15- 20 percent of overall value of crops produced how many ac of spy does Alberta produce?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...