• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crops heading knee high

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southeast of regina a good number of fields are virtually nonexistent - low single digit yields.

Most others are going to be 15-20 bushels I bet. Maybe rare 30 bushel crop.

Lots of others were reseeded late and lots of canola size a of a twoonie or smaller. Might have a chance if frost stays away until mid October....but two weeks of this heat I am not sure they can even survive

This drought is very real in our area and it's is big area that is similar I hear. Assiniboia and Gravelboug area sound bone dry.

Comment

Yup, some real wrecks in this area too. Canola has the most wrecks, some poor flax fields. Some crops look good from the road at 80 km/hr....don't walk in! There is the odd decent field around as well. The later you seeded the worse it got, even a huge barley field beside us never all came up til after it rained, a lot of it! )

Comment

On drive from white city to regina back grid the canola has a lovely sickly whitish colour.

Its just the first days of the heat wave.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...