• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crops heading knee high

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crops heading knee high

Won't be any lodging issue this year

Canaryseed

Comment

On the positive note - no lodging, maybe no fusarium, no bin space issues, no need for new combine, extra harvest help - harvest will be a breeze compared to last year - right?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        On the positive note - no lodging, maybe no fusarium, no bin space issues, no need for new combine, extra harvest help - harvest will be a breeze compared to last year - right?
        you bet...get off early to Arizona and settle in watching for the cheap farm land for sale.

Comment

Coming from a low yielding low cost farming environment 2t ha hasn't that crop still got potential looks normal for me and ps not trying to be a smart arse if its like 60% below your normal yield or something if so I know why your concerned

Comment

Crops out in my part of the country(20 miles nw of Maple Creek)pretty much look the same. Best looking crop is my fall rye and wishing now I had more acres seeded. Peas are just starting to bloom now. Yesterday we had a 40 mph wind all day and temps hit 96.8 degrees for the high. Not Good !!!

Comment

Mallee that's not a super sized beer can like you guys drink. Hahahaha

Comment

Considering we typically get Alberta weather about 5 days later this sounds like trouble....sorry make that...more trouble!

Environment Canada is warning Albertans to brace for an extended heat wave that is about to descend on virtually the entire province and last for days — if not weeks.

"These actually, for some places, could very well be record-breaking temperatures," senior Environment Canada climatologist David Phillips said Monday.

"This is clearly exceptional."

Comment

I always thought canary seed was a shallow rooted crop. This isn't going to be pretty for canary seed.

Wheat is heading and flowering(some past Fusarium timing...too funny!!)
                  Peas flowering
                  Canola starting to flower.
                  Flax see the odd blossom.

2015 here we come.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a shorter crop at least it will put more energy to filling the head than growing 5ft tall. But yes it sucks being hot and dry.

Comment

Ross Mckenzie agrees.

https://twitter.com/rossmckenzieAG/status/882025351471222785

Comment

Been digging holes around field edges to bury rock piles.
                        Have to watch not to get stuck in soupy stuff after getting top two feet off.
                        Saw first lodged barley today on old blow dirt fence line ridge.
                        Think pessimism over drought is overdone.

Comment

No lights out awesome crops from EC Sask to okatoks AB. Just got back today. Peas look average. All cereals and canola are below average. Didn't see any great areas along #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                            Been digging holes around field edges to bury rock piles.
                            Have to watch not to get stuck in soupy stuff after getting top two feet off.
                            Saw first lodged barley today on old blow dirt fence line ridge.
                            Think pessimism over drought is overdone.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	hopalong.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	765658

Really Hopalong - I drove through an area that at best today is 30 bpa...after the next two weeks you can drop that to 20 bpa.

Comment

Like every year, there could be areas with good crops. Hoping for an average here but I don't know if it will make that.

I take what I get. And complain either way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...