• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast asking...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Coast asking...

CWRS

$365.23 for #1-13.5 px CWRS. $9.94/bu., what's the local quotes? A local terminal has $8.55 for July and $8.48 for Aug. Basis probably hasn't been lower in a long time(loose calculations because no one knows for sure what the selling prices are).

Durum

$350.62 for #1 13 px CWAD. $9.54/bu. #1 is scarcer than Unicorn turds. Thunder Bay quotes not available.

Local canola bids fell off a cliff! I think they are defying reason.

Comment

Viterra at $8.45 for July..Closed 45 cents lower than the high of the day..

Comment

Ya Partners, I saw that too. Boats must be full, lol.

Comment

So 10 bucks west coast and 8.45 prairie price....minus 1.55 a bushel or minus 64 a tonne basis...

Although I think you will see the Vancouver price jump up.

And there is plenty of boat space at West coast....

Geez it would be nice to publicly see the overall space and the movement to east and west coast regularly.

Railways are moving 600000 total east and west and not a complaint....I guess counting on lower production is a good way to ask for higher freight rates.
          Last edited by bucket; Jul 1, 2017, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            So 10 bucks west coast and 8.45 prairie price....minus 1.55 a bushel or minus 64 a tonne basis...

Although I think you will see the Vancouver price jump up.

Bucket, the only "measuring stick" I have is from the past CWB days when the deductions off the cheque were about $1.65/bu for this area. I'm sure there has been changes to the costs that made up that figure since then. It might be time to remember this point in time as being a decent basis since I bet it's the lowest it's been since the advent of the open market.

Comment

"Sales" must be full????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                and if your lucky after fuzz and other grading deductions yous might get 6.00/bu !
                Too dry for fuzz...(I hope)

Comment

Farmaholic

I just wish they would would report basis it as such....

There isn't a positive basis in Saskatchewan and it's stupid to report it as such.

PNW prices are comparable to Vancouver prices....when you look at American prices it's a negative basis. ....

Between grading and basis calculations eventually they have to find common ground....

Comment

Grading in Canada is visual. ...eventually these downgrading factors will be ignored when they need the grain.....demurrage is setting up to costing the grain cos some money....and in a rising market after all the farmer ****ing that went on....farmers will walk to the next highest bid when graincos fail to take delivery or decide it's not good enough.

Farmers I know have long memories and karma is a bitch.

Comment

Basis backed off from Minneapolis/Duluth area is the worst it's been for the whole year.

On Wednesday PDQ said SE SK prices were around 292.14/t

MWU closed on Wednesday at $7.08 USD, $9.33 CAD, 339.26/t CAD

Here is the Wednesday chart using SAF reported prices which are a little lower than PDQ for SE SK
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Minneapolis futures compared to SK avg 1 13.5 CWRS jun 28 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	765648

Comment

101....so I'm not looking at this correctly. Using West Coast quoted prices against local bids isn't accurate?

Too simple? Not accurate? No exchange. Its where the grain is headed in alot of cases but am sure there is some U.S. domestic destinations as well.

.........explain.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 1, 2017, 08:51.

Comment

West coast actual sale prices or asking prices? Could be quite a spread

If buyers and sellers use the MGEX to hedge their transactions there is at least a bit of transparency

I have also mentioned once in a while the prices statscan reports through the International Trade Database. It's an average of all sales but a good indicator nonetheless.
                          Last edited by farming101; Jul 1, 2017, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                            West coast actual sale prices or asking prices? Could be quite a spread
                            spread could be either way, so why bother posting them?

Comment

It's an indicator of price direction

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...