• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast asking...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a rising market with your closest competitor at the PNW posting prices....what do you people think the price is....maybe 10 bucks a tonne lower to take the business away from the PNW?

or are we still discounting like the other guys use to do?

Comment

If we report our seeded acreage to the trade .....and our production in timely fashion.....the trade should provide selling prices eventually.

If I ever became a politician I would quickly stop the practice of information sharing of only certain sectors of the ag economy.

Open market means it's transparent.

The only thing open is forced information gathering from farmers.

Comment

Someone will chime in and say, "does it matter what the basis is as long as you're happy with the price you received"? It is my job to capture as much of the sale price as possible, no one will "give" me more than they have to and unless I have a way of knowing what it's selling for I am left in the dark guessing. I want to maximize my returns based on accurate information, not guessing. Is comparing Sask bids to Minni even accurate? Assuming everyone "hedged" their transaction? I guess the best we can do is make decisions based on the information we have and "understand".

Comment

Maybe someone can post a graph or chart.....funny hey farmaholic....to show how quick the wheat price fell after hitting 20 bucks

Comment

Stupid fed govt, more worried about regulating $50/month cable and cell bills but no word on ensuring farmers receive correct market signals. Dog and pony show.

Comment

Maybe the market signals ARE there, but people are missing them?

Comment

Stoney....I told a marketing rep these numbers are hard to ignore! Nobody to blame but myself if I miss, or missed, this opportunity.

Comment

Maybe the market doesn't need weekly crop reports....they can look for signals themselves...

Comment

Older ones on here will recall glory days of the wheat board when it had a book price for wheat in store Thunder Bay or Vancouver.
                    Final prices to producers often did not match average daily published prices through the year, not unusual for growers to think they could do better if allowed to sell outside board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                      Older ones on here will recall glory days of the wheat board when it had a book price for wheat in store Thunder Bay or Vancouver.
                      Final prices to producers often did not match average daily published prices through the year, not unusual for growers to think they could do better if allowed to sell outside board.
                      ???? aand was the price you got anywhere close to port price? No it wasn't. I quess i dont see your point.

Comment

Point is that under either wheat board or open market, there are disgruntled growers who feel they are entitled to a bigger share of port asking prices.

Comment

Nobody snaps their fingers and grain magically appears at the Ports loaded on ships, and we realize everyone needs to be paid fairly for their efforts of the exporting process....but don't lose sight of whats happening and leave way too much money on the table.

Comment

Farmers giving weekly crop reports should be the equivalent of grain cos reporting future and current sales....just like in the states.

Why can't there be a published price on freight to the west coast and thunder bay?

Why is my business an open book but everyone else's a tightly guarded secret andyet I still get told to make informed marketing decisions.

There is 1.5mmt of boat space at the west coast that would take ....at the current railway pace. ...4 weeks to fill.

Vessels waiting should be a positive indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              Stupid fed govt, more worried about regulating $50/month cable and cell bills but no word on ensuring farmers receive correct market signals. Dog and pony show.
                              Will never change, 98% of population has cells and cable, 2% farm, we will never show up on voter radar.

Comment

#1 CWRS 13.5 Px asking when up $45.83 a tonne, $365.23 to $411.06 in one week. $411.06 = $11.19/bu

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...