• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbicide options after the rain...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were almost done pass one of liberty and RR on Canola then its on to peas which are getting big might miss viper and just hit with assure for wild oats. They are clean.

Wheat and barley if it gets to big will get AXIL right up to flag.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Had a recommendation for Affinity FX and Axial. Both have advanced crop stage application timing.

?????????¿
      Used it on all our wheat this year. Worked awesome, but wow kick the shit out of the wheat pretty good as well. I wonder if at that stage a axial/frontline mix would be a little easier on the crop if your at that stage.

Comment

Just got off the sprayer (I feel like an organic farmer, hobby ;-)). Interesting wheat crop. At home where the land(canola stubble) is a bit lighter but mallower had a better looking crop than the stuff a little further away where the land(flax stubble) is a bit heavier and tighter. The crop is beat up a bit from being too dry too long. The poorer stuff seems too advanced and spindly. The canopy never completely closed(and won't) the crop didn't seem to get into the thick vegetative stage and seemed to go into jointing/stem elongation early. The stuff at home is lusher. Establishment is "good" under the circumstances for all of it, there is the odd bit here and there that never germed but really minor detail.

The window for herbicide app is closing quickly. There's nodes felt/seen and a head forming in the elongated main stem of some plants. I usually had herbicides applied long before this late staging, so am a bit nervous. Fertility is adequate for a decent crop but it needed rain probably two to three weeks before it got it's first meaningful drink. .....I think the dryness took it's toll!

Comment

June 9-----.54 inches
          June 14---1.94 inches
          June 18----.11 inches
          June. 19--- spraying with out rutting anything up

I bet the fellows that are too wet couldn't have sprayed effortlessly. It was sickeningly dry here.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            June 9-----.54 inches
            June 14---1.94 inches
            June 18----.11 inches
            June. 19--- spraying with out rutting anything up

I bet the fellows that are too wet couldn't have sprayed effortlessly. It was sickeningly dry here.
            Band of rain coming from the north park the sprayer it will be here in about 30 mins.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...