• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbicide options after the rain...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbicide options after the rain...

Boy are we going to get a flush of weeds and volunteers after this 3/10's of rain.

Wheat should be done any day now by crop staging and the weed staging for those that did manage to germ. Waiting for the newly germed to show up isn't a real good option.

Was thinking about something residual in wheat, have to do some research. Maybe Everest? But the residual I'd be looking for would be for broadleaves.... Don't think I have a lot of options!

Any suggestions? Any residual with Simplicity or Velocity?

How far away are you from flag leaf?

Comment

I'll check again but I believe we are at 4 on the main stem and two tillers.

Comment

I wanted to suggest Buctril M. I had the same issue as you one year and I pushed it to the limit without any problems. The wheat was starting to bolt. Sure cleaned up the weeds though.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          I'll check again but I believe we are at 4 on the main stem and two tillers.
          That where im at stem solid right to the crown im thinking mid next week, Octane/ simplicity pow.

Comment

Anything from Dow with arylex.

Comment

Had a recommendation for Affinity FX and Axial. Both have advanced crop stage application timing.

?????????¿

Comment

Axial Ipaq would be a mixture of Axial and Infinity, thinking that is what you meant? Cheaper than using separate components

Comment

jcv, I think the Infinity "FX" has fluroxypyr in it where straight Infinity or Axial iPac doesn't.

Comment

Your right Farma. Works well at high rate. We have resistant wild oats so we switched out our Axial with Trondus. Old Axial and it is working good at high rate aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Boy are we going to get a flush of weeds and volunteers after this 3/10's of rain.

Wheat should be done any day now by crop staging and the weed staging for those that did manage to germ. Waiting for the newly germed to show up isn't a real good option.

Was thinking about something residual in wheat, have to do some research. Maybe Everest? But the residual I'd be looking for would be for broadleaves.... Don't think I have a lot of options!

Any suggestions? Any residual with Simplicity or Velocity?
                      I was going to make some sarcastic comment about spraying, then memory lane rolled out in front of me. I had hosted test plots on my farmland on a new chemical that became Everest. That's a long time ago. I recall the research rep was a really good person to work with....we used to reference him as "Tomachicken"

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        Anything from Dow with arylex.
                        Where do you get that from

Comment

Any Chem dealer will have it.
                          Paradigm..pixxaro..simplicity..
                          New one called cirpreme.

Comment

And here come the weeds and voluteers from last week's half inch of rain. Crop is advanced now...can feel a node/joint in lower main stem. Canopy will be closing and ground is kinda wet from yesterday's 1.94 inches of rain.

What a way to make a living. Work with the conditions you're given!

Comment

Wheat and flax left to spray, Flax can wait a bit longer but wheat window is closing fast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...