• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2016 is a wrap

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest 2016 is a wrap

Nice to be done , 600 ac left to seed. Never thought we'd make it this far! Land juat starting to work nice

You would think someone could make these pictures come out right ??

Comment

What's crops going in the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        What's crops going in the combine.
        Red clover

Comment

CaseIH how did your red clover over winter? I myself have harvested flax a couple of times so far with good results both times.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
            CaseIH how did your red clover over winter? I myself have harvested flax a couple of times so far with good results both times.
            This wasnt much had 60 % hail damage last july . Our flax that sat out for a month in oct snows went from a 1 to a #3 when we combined in november

Comment

Oh a Case combine, who'd of thunk it?

Comment

Sorry to hear that! Farming is a big financial,risky business. Good luck with the rest of or seeding!

Comment

Congrats CaseIH. Should finish discing in the the last of 2016 wheat here tonight. Down to 450 acres to seed here. Things are really wet after the last two inches on Friday. Still have water running across one quarter that might have to be left. More is forecast this weekend but I hope it goes to those who need it instead.

Comment

Is there any germination left in that clover. I diced down a 65 bu boy crop and it looks like a very poor seeding job, I would have thought it would come up like grass but nope.

Comment

Lots of dust..must be dry...

Good for you.

Comment

Good to hear!!

Comment

Not sure how some of you guys did it with the stress involved . I would have been a basket case.
                          Well done caseih, this has been a long tough spraingbfor many . Good luck finishing seeding , stay safe

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              Is there any germination left in that clover. I diced down a 65 bu boy crop and it looks like a very poor seeding job, I would have thought it would come up like grass but nope.
                              I'd imagine the overwintered seed would germinate pretty well. When we graze banked (overwintered) pasture early in spring the seeds on the clover and cicer milk vetch are still there ready to grow once the cows either knock them down or eat them and it comes through in the manure. It's part of our reseeding program.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...