• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milk

Milk

Milk

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      [ATTACH]1425[/ATTACH]

The first gopher south of the valley started seeding today.

You think the guy would learn he is always first and has average crops.

Oh well push on.
      Can you seed wheat or peas too early?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
        I was under the impression that canary seed overwinters incredibly well.
        Sorry Wheatking, I should have said he burnt Canaryseed stubble (burns like gasoline).

We never had Canaryseed overwinter in the swath but mice and voles love to live under any lump of straw so I wonder what would be left by spring if one had to overwinter a crop.

Comment

No they will sit in wet cold ground just fine if treated. But funny the guy who farms next will arrive in two weeks and his crop will be one day later come fall.

Ground is still cold and frost isn't out.

Comment

Bmgb

Yup.

Peas will rot in cold wet soil and the early wheat last year was garbage.

I ask again.....what's the hurry....no one is moving buying or paying us for a good quality crop that has been farmed with high standards with lower emissions equipment and environmentally friendly practices. ....

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
              I was under the impression that canary seed overwinters incredibly well.
              sure has around here , I've never saw winter damage it all

Comment

Sounds like no on allowed to burn here. Prohibitive regs for permit.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Bmgb

Yup.

Peas will rot in cold wet soil and the early wheat last year was garbage.

I ask again.....what's the hurry....no one is moving buying or paying us for a good quality crop that has been farmed with high standards with lower emissions equipment and environmentally friendly practices. ....
                  more often than not early wheat will be way better yield and less disease in our area.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                    more often than not early wheat will be way better yield and less disease in our area.
                    In MB and far se sk yes.

However you get north in SK we don't get the spring heat units. Couple guys who are always first have the poorest looking crops all summer and they don't yield very well. Nest yields are may 15th to the 25th around here.

Our soil was at 0.9c with frost a foot down (cause that's where the combine stopped sinking and the mud turned white). Wire worms grubs and root rots will take their toll plus cut worms are around early too...

All depends where you are.

Comment

may 25 seeded wheat here would be 16 pro and 20 bus/ac from midge. hate seeding wheat after may 10 ideally have it all done in april for best yields.

Comment

From the variety of situations out there it's like we are on another planet!
                        BE extremely thankful if you are DRY and WARM! Hoping our climate changes...

Comment

Not very warm here today. Cold north wind and cloudy. First week of May looks wet for here. Wont be ready to go next week anyways and have never seeded in April so no rush yet. Our best is if you can get the crop seeded from May 10th to May 25th.

Comment

I agree each area is different. South of the valley is always dryer than the north side. South is a week earlier with seeding because of this. But Funny always has to be a guy first in the field.

For our area the best every year is stuff seeded between the 12 and 20th of May.

Any time we ever seeded in April since my grandfather in 19 what ever. it has never been better than the stuff seeded a week to ten days later.

Just saying.

But if your dry and need to get it in and hoping for rain or your spot at the coffee shop is getting cold then giver.

For the mud zone were still a week to 10 away from thinking. about it.

Oh it rained again last night almost getting to that first inch of the year.

Comment

there's probably gonna be some June 25 wheat seeded here the way this forecast looks . f$&King global warming what a f$&King joke

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                I agree each area is different. South of the valley is always dryer than the north side. South is a week earlier with seeding because of this. But Funny always has to be a guy first in the field.

For our area the best every year is stuff seeded between the 12 and 20th of May.

Any time we ever seeded in April since my grandfather in 19 what ever. it has never been better than the stuff seeded a week to ten days later.

Just saying.

But if your dry and need to get it in and hoping for rain or your spot at the coffee shop is getting cold then giver.

For the mud zone were still a week to 10 away from thinking. about it.

Oh it rained again last night almost getting to that first inch of the year.
                                yea same here , we have one guy has to be first seeding , first combining , his crops are never as good . swathed wheat green last fall to be first outta gate . as usual didn't work out so good.
                                as for rain , we have been lucky , maybe 3 tenths this spring and no snow to speak of

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...