• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant2017

Anyone going? Did they start in the southeast of SK? I heard folks around Indian Head turned some wheels today but don't quote me on that.

Still don't think I can make a straight pass in the field yet.

Looks dry but any slip and it's quickly down.

Comment

Seems a tad early for here. Earliest we went was about the 26-27th. ...and then it just lays in cold wet ground, besides we are kinda little/bush league in today's trend.

Weather forecast looks pretty cool AND possibility for "precipitation".....which can mean rain or SNOW.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 21, 2017, 06:12.

Comment

No one seeding at Indian head its way to wet from the rain the night before. But i will say one thing its way way dryer on the south side of the valley in sask than the north. No real water running south of valley in Landscape ditches but north its full roar.

Comment

Kinda strange here , less water than previous 5 years.
          Been able to go down any back road for 3 weeks when dry enough in between rains.
          That's the earliest I remember.
          Drove fields last night with half ton, checking weeds . Dust on canola and pea stub that was harrowed last fall. Wheat stubble damp yet. Sprayers better be ready on anything not sprayed last fall. Hawksbeard and cleavers will be nasty in 7-10 days .
          A few guys harrowing yesterday again.
          But 2/10 rain and you won't be able to move.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Kinda strange here , less water than previous 5 years.
            Been able to go down any back road for 3 weeks when dry enough in between rains.
            That's the earliest I remember.
            Drove fields last night with half ton, checking weeds . Dust on canola and pea stub that was harrowed last fall. Wheat stubble damp yet. Sprayers better be ready on anything not sprayed last fall. Hawksbeard and cleavers will be nasty in 7-10 days .
            A few guys harrowing yesterday again.
            But 2/10 rain and you won't be able to move.
            15 miles nw of furrow. Couldn't drive in the fields with a quad two days ago. Wetter nw of here.
            I think we are continuing with the spotty moisture conditions that we had last year.
            I would think that making assumptions about conditions on anything much more than a few miles around your area would be irrelevant.
            Guessing maybe a start here in two weeks on high ground. See what moisture comes over the next 4 days

Comment

I am thinking this little system might nip us. I was planning on laying down some avadex tomorrow

Comment

MUD and Water everywhere, looks like a month away, IF IF there is NO rain and way the hell hotter.

Comment

You guys are talking of seeding?? I'll be happy if in may we can get a disc across our rutted up fields and June for doing something with our flattened wheat mess from last year. Now it's pouring here at midnight and supposed to switch to snow by morning. Saw a couple of dry "ish" patches on the oil lease roads today but still leaving ruts in old fescue/quackgrass fields with the tractor. Heard the frogs croaking tonight which means we still have another snowfall coming. Hopefully tomorrow's will be the last here. It's been a disgusting calving season because of the mud. If you got nice conditions enjoy the cruise since the ship is sailing without us this year again.

Comment

Our neighbours South of Regina burnt their first Canaryseed field black today and hope to seed Lentils tomorrow.

Comment

Several guys discing/working stubble on irrigated ground up between Wawanesa and Shilo on Thursday.

Comment

Pure sand between Wawanesa and Shilo. Also seeding peas through snow at field edges near Brandon yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Our neighbours South of Regina burnt their first Canaryseed field black today and hope to seed Lentils tomorrow.
                          I was under the impression that canary seed overwinters incredibly well.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	17991844_10158639353535523_3189938637867668187_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	765510

The first gopher south of the valley started seeding today.

You think the guy would learn he is always first and has average crops.

Oh well push on.

Comment

Well he must have learnt something because he has a pretty nice seeding rig.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...