• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vomi Test most Grain Company Employees laugh at how useless it is.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    With the money the cgc has ...every complaint should be investigated. ...not be told you as the producer can sell subject to grade...get the **** off your asses and tell the grain companies to smarten the **** up....

When I call and ask for advice and then know the grain Co is ****ing me ....they should be at that elevator pronto....

I sold flax at 12 percent dockage and yet when I had it cleaned for seed ...my cleaner guy took out 11 percent....I got ****ed bad on flax this year....
    Ummm, are you saying that you got hosed on 1% ????? Seems well within a reasonable tolerance from load to load. Not quite following this one.

Comment

I sold flax at 12 percent dockage and yet when I had it cleaned for seed ...my cleaner guy took out 11 percent....I got ****ed bad on flax this year....
      Over 8% dockage surcharge too I guess. Lightweight did it make a #1?

Comment

I think seed cleaners clean heavier than what would be classified as "commercially clean". What's also painful is the penalty paid for dockage over certain percentages.

I had good luck with selling to a special crops buyer I've done business with in the past.....have a good relationship with the guy. Good flax, milling quality. Respect reciprocated when respect is received....both ways! But I will call bullshit when I "think" I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          The one thing going on lots this year is Vomi and a test.

It is really a big joke as talking to a lab assistant this weekend. They say you get the grain do the grinding etc from a batch then do the test and it comes out at 2.2. If you take the same material you just worked on and do two more it could be 3 and 1.7.

[ATTACH]1416[/ATTACH]
          Although it looks like these numbers are pretty far apart, they are measured in parts per million. As a percent, you're talking about .00022% compared to .0003% and .00017%. All are within a couple ten thousandths of a percent. I find it hard to believe that these tests are as precise as they are given the minuscule amounts involved.

Comment

The trouble is, .99 ppm is a saleable product but buyers start getting picky at 1.1 ppm.

Comment

That's the point. It's not a case of close enough. You're either gold or you get the bum's rush

Comment

One ppm = .001 milligrams per gram (.000001 of a gram).

One cigarette has 12 milligrams of tar, not to mention all the other goodies! ...and they're legal.

Comment

As I said in previous threads back in the fall I brought flax home that the elevator said was 15 to 18 percent dockage.

Getting it cleaned for seed is the most that would be acceptable because no elevator would take that much out ....they don't have to. And no elevator cleans flax.

Plain and simple they were ****ing me so I brought it home....and the cgc never did sfa about it.

Which is fine but who do they work for?

Comment

I thought the regulars had 14+mg tar. Cant remember. Now pack doesnt say anymore. Just "over 70 chems".
                    I've heard that's farmers fault too. Pass the organic whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      The one thing going on lots this year is Vomi and a test.

It is really a big joke as talking to a lab assistant this weekend. They say you get the grain do the grinding etc from a batch then do the test and it comes out at 2.2. If you take the same material you just worked on and do two more it could be 3 and 1.7.

Really its a test but most companies go by the results.

Simply its a unreliable bull shit test.

Had a deal on low Vomi barley to a feed barn in Manitoba deal was we were moving grain from same two half sections put in 10000 bushel bins. First two semi loads were what was in each bin. They put that part in the deal.

We loaded last week two loads on tues and then two on Wed. Well the first two passed the smell test no problem.

Funny Easter and Lazy employees or Grain buyer now wants out as our price is 3.25 picked up vs 2.71 now.

We were laughing if barley was 4.25 their would of been no problems with Wednesdays loads.

But also its funny when asked for the vomi tests sheets they were destroyed or gone.

Yea its fun to be a farmer.

Loads were dumped as contract states but watch when bin two is started the Company will discount or reject. and thats the bin that had the lowest vomi of all our bins. ( Cargill truck mount tester unit for malt).

So the games continue any one else find this all bull shit.

[ATTACH]1416[/ATTACH]
                      Please take a look, what do you think?

https://youtu.be/-6sVGyfjn64

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        There is no way they should be allowed to deduct for vomi !

Yous and the hutts can grow it !

# crooks !
                        Modernization of Canadian Grain Act should have been about modernizing grain quality control in the interest of producers.

Including tests that are available today for FN, Vomi, and dockage using equipment that is normal like color sorters, gravity tables, air separators.

If Fus (vomi), Midge, can be removed with these machines they should be classed as DKG not degrading factors.

Instead it was all about making money for the CGC at farmers expense. It worked I may add $100 + mil profit.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                          We had a regulator/police that could have been given expanded mandate to cover issues, until Modernization of the Canadian Grain Act and Sec 9 was repealed with no replacement was implemented like was recommended in review. It is obvious now that this Modernization was only about making money for the CGC they now have over 100 million of producers money and are increasing charges to make even more. All the while reducing services and regulations for farmers and industry.
                          Harper harpoon!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...