• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vomi Test most Grain Company Employees laugh at how useless it is.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vomi Test most Grain Company Employees laugh at how useless it is.

The one thing going on lots this year is Vomi and a test.

It is really a big joke as talking to a lab assistant this weekend. They say you get the grain do the grinding etc from a batch then do the test and it comes out at 2.2. If you take the same material you just worked on and do two more it could be 3 and 1.7.

Really its a test but most companies go by the results.

Simply its a unreliable bull shit test.

Had a deal on low Vomi barley to a feed barn in Manitoba deal was we were moving grain from same two half sections put in 10000 bushel bins. First two semi loads were what was in each bin. They put that part in the deal.

We loaded last week two loads on tues and then two on Wed. Well the first two passed the smell test no problem.

Funny Easter and Lazy employees or Grain buyer now wants out as our price is 3.25 picked up vs 2.71 now.

We were laughing if barley was 4.25 their would of been no problems with Wednesdays loads.

But also its funny when asked for the vomi tests sheets they were destroyed or gone.

Yea its fun to be a farmer.

Loads were dumped as contract states but watch when bin two is started the Company will discount or reject. and thats the bin that had the lowest vomi of all our bins. ( Cargill truck mount tester unit for malt).

So the games continue any one else find this all bull shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	777554

Fukin crooks but all is well in ag as long as the farmer bends over and takes it.

Comment

don't get me ****ing started!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its a F#$King game.

Three years ago I had two loads get checked by a Canadian grain company send Barley to a malt company in USA thats got the same name as Canadian company and have it only to be rejected their but the loads on that monday morning after long weekend in May could get dumped at local feed lot.

THE BARLEY CAME BACK HOME TO THE YARD AND THE GRAIN COMPANY PAID THE FREIGHT.

WE STILL LAUGH ABOUT HOW IT HAD A TRIP TO SOUTH DAKOTA AND CAME HOME.

Comment

We need a regulator or a policeman....hearing lots of issues with graincos backing out of contracts....but who do you call.

Know of a guy with January contracts still outstanding.....

And you have mark hemmes saying things are fine.....

Comment

It's a complete ****ing joke. You would need to split the whole load using a Boerner divider to the size you are going to use to test for it. THEN one severely infected kernel in that little bit of grain that is ground can skew the whole load!

Scam of the day.

Comment

Your too old to be in the game sk3 #getoutwhileucan!#

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                Your too old to be in the game sk3 #getoutwhileucan!#
                Can I have your blessing too Stoney?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Can I have your blessing too Stoney?
                  Me too please!

Comment

It really makes no sense growing barley anymore to be honest. The fuzz game is here to stay and the vultures at other end just make it even more of a bad experience..
                    Truthfully that's why I set up the humic and defender meeting cause I am sick of the end game where the buyer discounts product.. Pretty soon we be paying them to take our grain..

We really got no other choice but to try things to get disease in check.. We almost need clean samples so the Vomi police don't steal our grain.. Really actually shocked how so few realize what is going on in our fields...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      We need a regulator or a policeman....hearing lots of issues with graincos backing out of contracts....but who do you call.

Know of a guy with January contracts still outstanding.....

And you have mark hemmes saying things are fine.....

We had a regulator/police that could have been given expanded mandate to cover issues, until Modernization of the Canadian Grain Act and Sec 9 was repealed with no replacement was implemented like was recommended in review. It is obvious now that this Modernization was only about making money for the CGC they now have over 100 million of producers money and are increasing charges to make even more. All the while reducing services and regulations for farmers and industry.

Comment

Until the weather changes fusarium (and vom) is here to stay. It won't matter if you burn or mouldboard plow, the innoculum will be on grasses in ditches and wasteland.

I think plant breeding is the best hope for the future. Finding or breeding lines with resistance, full resistance is the way as the wet cycle appears to be here for awhile.

Comment

Has anyone out there compared SGS testing to a grain co on the same sample? I heard that grain cos got some kind of new testing kits (rapid) and I'm wondering if they're accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                            Has anyone out there compared SGS testing to a grain co on the same sample? I heard that grain cos got some kind of new testing kits (rapid) and I'm wondering if they're accurate?
                            Would also be interested in seeing comparison from Non regulated/tested remote probe sample that farmers are forced to accept, to certified/regulated crosscut sampler that grain co's ship on. This is the kind of work CGC should be doing "in the interest of producers"

Comment

With the money the cgc has ...every complaint should be investigated. ...not be told you as the producer can sell subject to grade...get the **** off your asses and tell the grain companies to smarten the **** up....

When I call and ask for advice and then know the grain Co is ****ing me ....they should be at that elevator pronto....

I sold flax at 12 percent dockage and yet when I had it cleaned for seed ...my cleaner guy took out 11 percent....I got ****ed bad on flax this year....
                              Last edited by bucket; Apr 17, 2017, 13:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...