• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humic/Fulvic Acid, Root Rot, Fusarium, fertilizer meeting Kindersley/Humboldt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweety, your getting tiring

Comment

Here tweety

An entire university department devoted to humic research

Http://northeastern.edu/hagroup

Comment

Beware snake oils!!!!

http://extension.missouri.edu/scott/documents/Ag/Agronomy/Beware-snakeoil-fertilizers.pdf

Comment

Seriously...

Do you know fungicides are pretty much illegal in some European countries... many are unnecessary.

If the plant is healthy you don't need to give it anything for an infection. Fungicides are antibiotics... only needed when you have an infection

They are pushing IPM hard jury spraying won't be an answer for much longer so you may as well adapt now... not to mention it's not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            Seriously...

Do you know fungicides are pretty much illegal in some European countries... many are unnecessary.

If the plant is healthy you don't need to give it anything for an infection. Fungicides are antibiotics... only needed when you have an infection

They are pushing IPM hard jury spraying won't be an answer for much longer so you may as well adapt now... not to mention it's not working.
            I agree! Seems like many farmers can't handle the truth. Their egos can't tolerate it, they think they know everything yet do not have a sniff.
            Last edited by biglentil; Apr 4, 2017, 13:46.

Comment

Last crop the only fungicide sprayed on canola was for test strips, didnt do f-all. But the ground was not wet at flower. Top dressing with releaf added 5-8 bus per acre.
              Wheat was sprayed once at head for fuz, only ended up with 0.05ppm vom and 0.5 fuz kernals. Where we left test strips 2.0 fuz. So that did work on our farm.
              Some people think smoking weed cures cancer too. Maybe thats the missing link, you guys are out smoking pot in your crops. I have heard it cures everything!!!!

Comment

Sorry biglentil, its not truth, its an opinion.

Klaus, asking for proper science and research should not be considered trolling. That is ridiculous.

Since when has asking for evidence, actual real proper evidence of a claim become so unpopular?

If it actually works, it should be no problem whatsoever to prove it. But post after post its insults and opinions, no hard data.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  Here tweety

An entire university department devoted to humic research

Http://northeastern.edu/hagroup
                  That's fantastic! Lots of measuring and sampling and learning. But they also have no data on anything.

Been following HA HU and FA for over a decade, but alas, its far more complicated then just spraying some stuff out of a jug on every acre. It might work one year, not work the next, be phytotoxic, or do nothing.

After all this time, there still is no data? On anything? I probably don't need to ask anymore.

Comment

I would like to try telling guys who made millions of dollars last year growing chickpeas that fungicides do nothing. They could have shown you patches that were missed in the five aerial fungicide applications. The plants were totally brown while the sprayed ones grew top-grade chickpeas. The proof is in the chickpea pudding, but maybe not in some other crops.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      That's fantastic! Lots of measuring and sampling and learning. But they also have no data on anything.

Been following HA HU and FA for over a decade, but alas, its far more complicated then just spraying some stuff out of a jug on every acre. It might work one year, not work the next, be phytotoxic, or do nothing.

After all this time, there still is no data? On anything? I probably don't need to ask anymore.
                      You've described every fungicide on the market and a bunch of studies on fertilizer on certain crops... I e flax and beans... so what's your point?

I'll post up a bunch of studies tonight but you'll find fault with them...

The reason I keep calling you a troll is the way you post. Plus refuting sound science in that other post didn't help you any. LOL.

You don't spray something out of a jug. Humic can be a soil additive(fertilizer) a seed treatment, or a spray... and I've never sprayed any out of a jug just water soluble powder.

Again it's worked for us in 2 crops for a long time... and it's an awesome additive for drilling too.

Comment

So again, How much $ per acre does the humic cost to eliminate Fuz?

Comment

My point is, how can there be years of "excitement" over this, yet no real data?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            My point is, how can there be years of "excitement" over this, yet no real data?

There's lots of research. Part of the problem is you don't speak Dutch or German.

I'll post when I'm at a computer can't copy paste from my phone.

Our wheat system adds about 7 bux an acre over nothing. But again it's an IPM and starts with the 4Rs.

Comment

And i would greatly appreciate that.

BTW, look up this when you have a moment....

Antifungal Activity and Mechanism of Palladium-Modified Nitrogen-Doped Titanium Oxide Photocatalyst on Agricultural Pathogenic Fungi Fusarium graminearum

My kid is doing some PhD work at the university on nanoparticles with TO. Photon reflection thru substrates of gold, palladium, titanium etc will pave the way for simple testing in field of many diseases and or molecules.
                              Last edited by tweety; Apr 4, 2017, 17:47.

Comment

This is for Breadwinner...
                                Do you even know what releaf is?
                                When ATP first set up shop the group basically left OMEX and went on their own. Jarrett Chambers was the brain and he took his side show on his own.. Great guy, same as Randy and Bill.
                                I was part of the first meeting on releaf and there was 2 presenters from Europe in Regina. Both talked about phosphites and their role in plant health and how phosphites were doing basically the same thing as traditional fungicides in Europe...
                                The main component of Releaf is phosphite and not Nitrogen... You are quoting a top dress but you don't even understand what releafs main purpose is. Its main purpose is to act as a plant health.
                                So in your results you don't even know what gave you your response. It very well might have been the plant health phosphite component of the product.
                                If you were after a true top dress you would not use releaf as that is not the sole purpose of the product and dollar wise you are better off spending money elsewhere.

And that is the problem with all this.. You got guys shooting off their mouth that don't even know what the products on their own farm are doing... Yet your promoting a scam and snake oil... You should actually be embarrassed and maybe better study what your actually using before piping up on a message forum.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...