• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humic/Fulvic Acid, Root Rot, Fusarium, fertilizer meeting Kindersley/Humboldt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humic in mg course form is going to cost you $9 to$10 dollars depending on location to plant in Alberta..
    That is for 40 pounds application rate with a guaranteed analysis of 80 percent.
    That is your cheapest form of humic, can either be floated on or placed in seed row.

Comment

Well look at us, simple dumbass farmers.

How's the data coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        Tweety we have grown peas for 13 years. In Manitoba and sask.

We have used humic for 5 years.

We have had no disease in the last 5 years...

We have no fuz in our wheat. Never had a sample downgraded on fuz in the last 5 years.

I do believe that's n-1| n=10

So 9.

But you guys keep using regular fungicides. I make lots of money applying them for everyone. In fact spray 3 times. 60 bucks an acre and your wheat is feed because of fuz...

But this new product that's actually really old and has been well tested... oh heck no.

Farmers are funny.
        Klause, I have farmed in Manitoba for 20 years used fungicide on my wheat every year. Never sold anything lower than a 2 except when it froze. 5 year average cwrs wheat yield is 66 bpa. And I used absolutely 0 snake oil.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          Klause, I have farmed in Manitoba for 20 years used fungicide on my wheat every year. Never sold anything lower than a 2 except when it froze. 5 year average cwrs wheat yield is 66 bpa. And I used absolutely 0 snake oil.
          My HRSW has never graded lower than a 2 and have never used a fungicide on it. Did you buy yourself a frost by spraying it the year it froze?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            My HRSW has never graded lower than a 2 and have never used a fungicide on it. Did you buy yourself a frost by spraying it the year it froze?
            No, very cool summer and mid august frost cooked wheat. I wouldnt imagine fuz would be a big issue in CWRS in lentil country.

Comment

Hey guys new thing I heard. If you have sex with your wife in tractor while seeding 5 bu/ac more yield for sure. If you do it right on the dirt its 10bpa easy. Try it tank me later.

Comment

Any organic guys have a comment? Are the products approved for organic production?

Comment

Humic is approved for Organics rest isn't.

Comment

Why do most people on here have to turn every idea into a confrontation like a bunch of teenage girls?

This is a great place to learn about ideas and options. I don't want to see pushy sales pitches (which dyker has not) but even more info would be great. I know nothing about these products other than the names, would like to know more. The contribution from guys that used them is priceless compared to most research. Don't insult them and shut them down, fine to disagree if you've got different results but if you haven't got experience keep the attitude in check.
                    Thank you to those that post on this site with good info and honesty, the few that don't I don't usually need to read past your first line before skipping to next post.

Comment

Since obviously none exist, are there any plans in the upcoming year to do any proper full disclosure yield trials? Can you get Ag Canada to do them? Can you get the local research associations to do them?

What about local colleges, Lakeland College in AB has gotten tons of funding for research lately, Olds college same, they are always looking for new ideas? What about Masters /PhD students? Are you funding and or supporting any to study this here in Sk, or even at least somewhere in Canada?

Ask the wheat/barley/canola/pulse development commissions or producer commissions like our AB neighbors to fund yield and performance research - that's us farmers checkoff btw. It costs you nothing.

You have no excuse whatsoever to get it all together rather than just talking about it without proof and data. There isn't a farmer here that wouldn't use it if it shows a ROI and benefit. But after 50 some posts, its obvious the background work has not been done.

Comment

hmmm can I weigh into this argument.

Australia had a crap run from 2002 to 2014 8 of those years decile 3 rainfall in spring.

We used humates not for disease persay just general crop health.

For us crop always looked healthier seemed to hold green leaf but alas crap springs 35 c during grain fill low humidity wrecked a lot of crops and trials so it was a bit inconclusive.

Will attach a file sometime soon about a product we are trying this year.

We have quite high ph 7.5 to 9 so very alkaline the benefit of these product could simply be they are lowering ph to a degree after a few years and nothing else which provides a benefit

Comment

I don't think Tweety quite understands how many universities... or more so, colleges like Olds and Lakeland get their funding for research.

Humic isn't owned by any big company like Bayer BASF or Monsanto so the chances of them studying it or pushing it are pretty much nill.

However, here's some studies to read, Tweety,

1. [URL="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11885604"]Beneficial effects of humic acid on micronutrient availability to wheat.[/URL]
                          2. [URL="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0098847285900085"]Effect of humic acid on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedling growth[/URL]
                          3. [URL="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1002016010600872"]Lignite-Derived Humic Acid Effect on Growth of Wheat Plants in Different Soils[/URL]
                          4. [URL="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212670814000852"]Foliar Application of Humic Acid on Plant Height in Canola[/URL]
                          5. [URL="https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309558423_Effect_of_rhizobacteria_inoculation_and_ humic_acid_application_on_canola_Brassica_napus_L_ crop"]Effect of rhizobacteria inoculation and humic acid application on canola (Brassica napus L.) crop[/URL]
                          6. [URL="http://jcsp.org.pk/ArticleUpload/4766-21710-1-CE.pdf"]Effect of Humic Acid on the Growth Yield/ Nutrient Composition Photosynthetic Pigment and Total Sugar Contents of Peas (Pisum Sativum ) [/URL]
                          7. [URL="https://inis.iaea.org/search/search.aspx?orig_q=RN:44064816"]Effect of humic acid on the growth, yield, nutrient composition, photosynthetic pigment and total sugar contents of peas (pisum sativum l)[/URL]

Disclaimer, I have a subscription to sciencedirect so you may need to find alternative places for those papers. All of these are peer reviewed studies, the last one was done by the IAEA (part of the UN)

I'm sure Tweety will say all of this is hogwash anyway, but I posted it for the benefit of everyone... I can find about a hundred more if you're interested

Comment

Exerpt from teh last one... They all have similar results.

Percentage increase in dry grain yield due to 15 ppm was 37%, with 30 ppm was 29% and foliar application of 45 ppm was 25%. Nutrient concentrations (P, K, Fe, Zn, Mn and Cu) were increased with soil and foliar application of HA. The concentrations of nutrients were relatively higher in shelf than grain. Maximum concentration of P, K and Fe was obtained with the soil application of HA at 15 ppm. Humic acid applied at 15, 30 as soil as well as foliar application at 45 ppm significantly increased chlorophyll, carotenoid and total sugar content. Our results indicate that soil application of HA at 15 and 30 ppm, while foliar application at 45 ppm can increase growth, nutrients concentration, chlorophyll content and yield of Peas in calcareous soil conditions.

Comment

Here's one from the canola study...

The results showed that foliar application of humic acid significantly affected plant height and highest this parameter was achieved under 2% foliar application of humic acid and the lowest plant height was obtained under control conditions. Also, means comparison showed that plant height under 0.5% foliar application of humic acid and 1% foliar application of humic acid were in a similar statistical group. The results showed that foliar application of humic acid decreased nitrogen application in soil, that can be the most important for the non-pollution of soil by nitrogenous fertilizers.

The last will explain why no retailer wants to push this stuff...

Increasing yield and increasing fertilizer use efficiency means they sell less product. Why would they ever help you buy less???

Comment

Is the application in the seedrow, not foliar, just unlocking some macro and micro nutrients that are there and not plant available? And if that's the case....does that not just mean you're mining whats there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...