• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under 600000 tonnes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OTHER guy always holds all the cards!
    Too much supply of grain/oil seeds in the world, lots of sellers, (US), few buyers, grain co's, even fewer RR's, what should, we expect? You get screwed... welcome to free for them enterprise.
    And 98% of society which are consumers/or politicians wanting THOSE votes, don't give a f*ck.
    Still don't feel better...

Comment

As in another thread there isn't enough grain when there is a humanitarian crisis in Africa happening right now.

Do we stockpile grain or bodies?

Apparently the world's leaders will do both.

Comment

Just throwing this out there , but really how many things in this world do u find that is run very well ? Last few years I've been taking notice of business etc that I think could do a lot better at running them , I'm not the smartest cookie on the block but there are a lot of business run poorly. In Brandon they can't even cordanate two lights a block apart so at busy times cars aren't caught in the middle of the street, very simple but it isn't done ,

Comment

........90 ****ing days?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What other industry would take that shit? No I haven't experienced anything that bad but if its happening it definitely shouldn't be! It should be up to the buyer to make delivery happen regardless of problems they are encountering.

A lack of planning on their part shouldn't constitute an emergency on our part!

Every once in a while everyone needs to bend a little
          ...but 90 days is bending tomthe point of "snapping"(figuratively and literally).

Nothing worse than feeling like you've been jerked around by trying to pay as little as possible then they don't take it in a timely fashion.

Let's remember what it feels like when they don't take the grain in a timely fashion when they call for grain when we don't want to deliver (for what ever reason). How many times can you say "no"? We delivered some wheat in some bitterly cold conditions....did I want to?...no, but we did. I hope they remember. It goes both ways.

Comment

Always found if you wait 90 days after end of contract period, then phone CGC compliance officer things move in a real hurry.

Comment

Those clowns should at least give you the spread of the next contracting month that existed at the time the contract was made. IIs equivalent of theft in my mind.

Comment

90 days is too long to expect someone to wait for cashflow if they have payments. Expecting everything to click in two weeks might be asking too much and we should build in a bigger cushion...but 90 days from the end of the delivery period.is bizarre. Time to advance a huge portion of the value of the contract and the risk of the grain going out of condition or being stolen or what ever becomes theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  For weekly movement and 2.5 mmt of boats.....that means someone is behind schedule.

2 - 30000 tonne facilities within an hour that can load 100 plus cars are plugged waiting for cars from two weeks ago....and still calling in January contracts....

A functioning market??

Nothing to see here folks.... move along.
                  Where are you located?

Sounds like around here!

Comment

esp. with a fall delivery contract. i have been screwed taking the early months at a discount
                    only to get movement. then they do not take it till dec. jan.
                    if that is the case they should pay the difference. on the futures

then to get around storage, they , at least richardsons , give themselves 3 months to take it.

you are not going to win

Comment

Big time Likes🙏🙋,on the last 2 posts!
                      Can I invest? If anyone knows how to be on the right side of both sides, it's me. I'm so excited for this business structure. It will gain me profits whether I'm buying or selling! Cause as a grower I win because I'm the smartest marketeer and as a seller.... well! Either way I win, cause your success is my success 😬. Or.... I just ****ed you, but made money anyways and you'll be back tomorrow to buy and sell from me because your a new age sell out.... or have Stockholm syndrome?

Comment

Man oh man. When you put it on paper and read it back it s so stupid that you think how can we all be this stupid?

It really is true we can start our own terminal hive any grade we want to wheat or I d suppose just about any grain because with a bit of brains and manipulation to that grain can sell
                        It for a better grade easily. They're doing it all the time and have no brains or maybe better put it s us that have no brains?

Comment

BigWheel.....check your inflation pressure....your PSI seems too high....you're going to blow out a sidewall. Lower the PSI, you'll get more traction......you're spinning your wheels!

;-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...