• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accumulated surplus

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a vomi tester and kits in every elevator and service them so they can buy grain that day. Not wait a week or more and miss a market, and not send it to their own lab only to have results 2ppm higher than any other places. Have talked to many producers that had atleast 2ppm higher across all samples and all from the same company.
    I sent all my 200,000 bu. in 22 different samples to 4 companies/lab. 1 elevator company was out to lunch. Consistently, and many customers.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
      Put a vomi tester and kits in every elevator and service them so they can buy grain that day. Not wait a week or more and miss a market, and not send it to their own lab only to have results 2ppm higher than any other places. Have talked to many producers that had atleast 2ppm higher across all samples and all from the same company.
      I sent all my 200,000 bu. in 22 different samples to 4 companies/lab. 1 elevator company was out to lunch. Consistently, and many customers.🤔
      Start with V and end with an erra?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Start with V and end with an erra?
        While every load will vary, insuring accuracy and accountability with standardized testing should be a pillar of our industry. The Western Standards Committee who are appointed by the CGC and represent farmers and industry in grain standards, is the place to go with this as I know in the north we see protein all over the map.

Comment

An NFB film of how things used to be done. the whole show is 23:11 minutes

In the film you can tell when the assistant commissioner showed up at the elevator it was serious business

[URL="https://www.nfb.ca/film/grain_handling_in_canada/"]https://www.nfb.ca/film/grain_handling_in_canada/[/URL]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...