• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be an interesting one to watch

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be an interesting one to watch

http://www.medicaldaily.com/monsanto-roundup-herbicide-cancer-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-386398

Three Nebraska farmers and an agronomist, who have all been diagnosed with cancer, are suing the company over its widespread herbicide, Roundup — arguing that they were misled about the chemical’s safety, and that they developed cancer because of it.

Combine that with this:

http://detoxproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/anresco_reports_food_testing_2016.pdf

Preharvest roundup might be a thing of the past. Thoughts?

Someday for sure.

Comment

I won't be around to see the outcome.
      It will take about 20-30 years in court. Monsanto will spend a billion bucks to prove its case and be able to outspend the plaintiffs. Then if by fluke they lose , they will appeal , so add another 10-20 years. In the mean time , Monsanto will counter sue the plaintiffs for millions and drag that on for 20 years , and outspend the farmers etc. Now, was the product they used from Monsanto , or a generic ? And that will be just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Koldkanuck View Post
        I won't be around to see the outcome.
        It will take about 20-30 years in court. Monsanto will spend a billion bucks to prove its case and be able to outspend the plaintiffs. Then if by fluke they lose , they will appeal , so add another 10-20 years. In the mean time , Monsanto will counter sue the plaintiffs for millions and drag that on for 20 years , and outspend the farmers etc. Now, was the product they used from Monsanto , or a generic ? And that will be just the tip of the iceberg.
        You never know maybe Monsanto wants glyphosate banned as it is off patent. They probably have a $25/acre replacement in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          You never know maybe Monsanto wants glyphosate banned as it is off patent. They probably have a $25/acre replacement in the works.
          Those jerks at Monsanto creating glysophate which has completely revolutionized how we farm. I hate having clean fields, min till, growing RR canola system for better rotations, harvest management and higher yields etc etc etc etc. Bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
            Those jerks at Monsanto creating glysophate which has completely revolutionized how we farm. I hate having clean fields, min till, growing RR canola system for better rotations, harvest management and higher yields etc etc etc etc. Bastards!
            "growing rr canola system for better rotations"

Comment

I'm surprised pre-harvest isn't gone already. It is horribly abused by people applying too soon when there is still green in the crop. Every time I hear a farmer say the wheat is ready to desiccate I cringe. Glyphosate is NOT a desiccant. It's being used as such and will be eventually lost as a weed control method.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                I'm surprised pre-harvest isn't gone already. It is horribly abused by people applying too soon when there is still green in the crop. Every time I hear a farmer say the wheat is ready to desiccate I cringe. Glyphosate is NOT a desiccant. It's being used as such and will be eventually lost as a weed control method.
                Exactly, been posting that, and yet desiccating is the term used. It is for green growing weeds, crop has to be NOT growing/ not affected when applied.
                Agree, abused, consumer views as poison, will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post

Yes never said it isnt a valuable tool for modern ag.

Comment

VValk YOU are the problem assholes that dont give a shit as long as you can turn a profit,let those bastards eat glyo and learn to like it. The sooner gone the better as some dont respect what it is realy meant for,too dam bad if you cant farm 10,000acres without it.

Comment

Easy there Marshal. It revolutionized how we farm.
                      But...... the companies purchasing will soon differentiate. Customers always right.

Comment

X2 braveheart. Seems lots of farmers forget the grain they harvest becomes someones food.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                          X2 Those lads got taught a good lesson this year on ordering a air strike to early on durum. Lots of 52lb bushel weight when the neighbors got 58lb by letting Mother Nature look after the desiccation.

Iceman out

Comment

Not sure what you mean by too green. Obviously weight loss is silly. (I'm a little color blind)
                            Here, if you want dry wheat to cut in first half Sept, your spraying a little ahead of 'recommendations'.
                            Bonus is quack gone and thistle pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              Not sure what you mean by too green. Obviously weight loss is silly. (I'm a little color blind)
                              Here, if you want dry wheat to cut in first half Sept, your spraying a little ahead of 'recommendations'.
                              Bonus is quack gone and thistle pushed back.
                              Weed control is better after harvest, shorter days, chem goes down the roots harder. No Wheat to shade the weeds. No tracks in the crop. Swathed wheat/combined dry or dried, for ever without preharvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...