• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWRS prices.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWRS prices.....

Continue their ascent on West coast asking prices....

Starting to feel "seller's" remorse.

Remember the world is awash in wheat, but what class and quality of wheat?

A simple chart, someone?....for West Coast asking prices.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 20, 2017, 08:34.

All the powers that be will give is $6 or 6.25 thats all way till next year. Wonder how much they rally make on good quality wheat. Its sickening to think about it.

Comment

Wheat was worth more in 1974.

Comment

I netted out at $6.70. We made money at that but I hate to leave too much on the table. I still say I think I didn't do to bad "at the time". I can only base my decision to sell on what I "think I know" at the time.

And then there was Durum....

Comment

Well you can be kind to yourself and starting from the day you emptied the bins add on a storage fee to your selling price. I think you said you needed extra storage?
          How much is it worth for the grain to be gone in the first half of the year?

Comment

I have been growing CPS for the last few years. Looking at growing some hrws this year. At present looking at 3 varieties Brandon, Elie, and Redwater. Any input on these 3 varieties would be welcome. Neighbor had Elie, I was impressed at how well it stood.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I netted out at $6.70. We made money at that but I hate to leave too much on the table. I still say I think I didn't do to bad "at the time". I can only base my decision to sell on what I "think I know" at the time.

And then there was Durum....
              If you netted $6.70 this year you did well.

Comment

Feel its been a rally reflecting a quality/ protein thing , world is awash in poorer quality hence the premium spread increasing on the MGE DNS milling wheat vs the types of wheat traded on chicago have been thinking we are at or near the top of the rally but it has kept creeping higher not quite sold out of cwrs but getting there . Think the CDN dollar is in for a rough ride over the next bit so that may keep currency support under wheat and canola traded north of the 49th. But will translate into higher prices of course for all things priced in usd . Fuel, Fert. Green and Red Paint,

Comment

All fuel and most fertilizer is made in Canada. ?

Why do farmers listen to the nonsense of world price for those products?

Natural gas is cheap and the refinery feedstock is not world price of oil.

Will there ever be multi millionaire farmers that say **** off ....it's too high priced?

West coast price for cwrs on the last aafc sheet was 351 a tonne or 9.55 a bushel....today's local price is 6.25.....it wasn't long ago Vader would be explaining why that difference made sense.....and I was furious....now it's OK. ....

What the ****.

AAFC REPORTS ARE a closely guarded secret in Canada.

And the usda issues those pricing reports weekly....along with basis.... 7usd wheat at Portland with a minus 1.35 basis works out to well over 7 bucks cdn anyway you slice it.
                  Last edited by bucket; Jan 20, 2017, 09:11.

Comment

Buckets numbers are pretty close here s the daily out of portland his 9.55 is for 14.0 protein dns ,once you do the currency exchange. in my comment I was speaking MGE rally not what we are seeing translated to our values in country. Are we getting screwed. usually are .

JO_GR115
                    Portland, OR Thu Jan 19, 2017 USDA Market News

Portland Weekly Grain Review
                    Pacific Northwest Weekly Grain Summary

Pacific Northwest Market Summary: Cash wheat bids for January delivery ended
                    the reporting week on Thursday, January 19, were mixed compared to last week's noon
                    bids for January delivery.

March wheat futures ended the reporting week on Thursday, January 19, mixed as
                    follows compared to last week's closes: Chicago wheat futures were 2.75 cents
                    lower at 4.2350, Kansas City wheat futures were 2.50 cents lower at 4.4225 and
                    Minneapolis wheat futures trended 2.50 cents higher at 5.7650. Chicago March corn
                    futures trended eight cents higher at 3.6625 and March soybean futures closed 30
                    cents higher at 10.7025.

Bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat delivered to Portland in unit trains or barges
                    during January for ordinary protein trended steady to 7.75 cents lower compared to
                    week ago prices for the same delivery period at 4.56-4.6350. Some exporters were
                    not issuing bids for nearby delivery. White club wheat premiums were zero to 25
                    cents per bushel over soft white wheat bids this week and last week. One year ago
                    bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat any protein for January delivery by unit trains and
                    barges to Portland were 5.30-5.3450 and bids for White Club Wheat were also 5.30-
                    5.3450. Forward month bids for soft white wheat ordinary protein were as follows:
                    February 4.56-4.6350, March 4.3850-4.6350, April 4.3925-4.53 and May 4.3925-4.52.
                    One year ago, forward month bids for soft white wheat for any protein were as
                    follows: February and March 5.30-5.3450, April and August New Crop not available.

Bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat guaranteed maximum 10.5 percent protein during
                    January trended 2.75 to 7.75 cents higher compared to week ago prices for the same
                    delivery period at 4.6850. Some exporters were not issuing bids for nearby
                    delivery. White club wheat premiums for guaranteed maximum 10.5 percent protein
                    soft white wheat this week were zero to 25 cents per bushel over soft white wheat
                    bids this week and last week. One year ago bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat
                    guaranteed maximum 10.5 percent protein for January delivery by unit trains and
                    barges to Portland were 6.2450-6.45 and bids for White Club Wheat were 7.4450-8.15.
                    Forward month bids for soft white wheat guaranteed 10.5 percent proteins were as
                    follows: February was not available, March 4.3850-4.6850, April and May 4.3925-
                    4.55. One year ago, forward month bids for soft white wheat for any protein were
                    as follows: February and March 6.2950-6.45, April 6.29-6.45 and August New Crop
                    5.50-5.5375.

Bids for 11.5 percent protein US 1 Hard Red Winter Wheat for January delivery
                    were 2.50 to 7.50 cents per bushel lower compared to last week's noon bids for the
                    same delivery period. Some exporters were not issuing bids for nearby delivery.
                    This week, bids were as follows: January 5.1225-5.3725, February and March 5.2725-
                    5.3725 and April 5.2425-5.3925.

Bids for non-guaranteed 14.0 percent protein US 1 Dark Northern Spring Wheat for
                    Portland delivery during January were 7.50 to 12.50 cents per bushel higher than
                    last week's noon bids for the same delivery period. Some exporters were not
                    issuing bids for nearby delivery. This week, bids for non-guaranteed 14 percent
                    protein were as follows: January, February and March 6.9150-7.0650 and April
                    6.8425-6.8925.

Coarse feeding grains: Bids for US 2 Yellow Corn delivered full coast Pacific
                    Northwest - BN shuttle trains for January delivery trended 33.00 cents higher from
                    4.8125-5.0125. Some exporters were not issuing bids for nearby delivery. Forward
                    month corn bids were as follows: February 4.6425-4.8125, March 4.5825-4.6525,
                    April 4.5125-4.5225, May 4.5125 and June 4.53-4.55. Bids for US 1 Yellow Soybeans
                    delivered full coast Pacific Northwest - BN shuttle trains for January delivery
                    trended 35.00 to 37.00 cents higher from 11.7025-11.8525. Some exporters were not
                    issuing bids for nearby delivery. Forward month soybean bids were as follows:
                    February 11.6025-11.7025, March 11.4825-11.5225, October 11.1775 and November
                    11.1475. Bids for US 2 Heavy White Oats for January delivery trended steady at
                    3.2650 per bushel.

Outstanding Export Sales: Outstanding U.S. white wheat and barley export sales
                    as of January 12, 2017 for the marketing year beginning June 1, 2016 and ending May
                    31, 2017, in 1000 MT, will not be available due to the holiday.

Pacific Northwest Export News: There were 28 grain vessels in Columbia River
                    ports on Thursday, January 19, with seven docked compared to 26 last week with five
                    docked. There were no new confirmed export sales this week from the Commodity
                    Credit Corporation (CCC) of the USDA.

Source: USDA Market News, Portland, OR
                    Niki Davila 503-326-2237 Portland.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
                    24 hour price information 503-326-2022
                    http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jo_gr115.txt
                    www.ams.usda.gov/lpsmarketnewspage

1245p nd

Comment

Mcfarms

The US has an open market plus a good backing for farmers by the government. ...

Have you ever seen a Canadian wheat trade on the Winnipeg exchange since 2012.....

Or even a report that compares to the usda report above?

It must be me but we are so far away from an open transparent market in Canada.... it's laughable .....much like those in government that implemented it....I think I heard a rumor Yerry described as a buffoon publicly ......that's too kind.

Comment

PNW price chart
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 20 2017 PNW 1 13.5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	765340

Comment

I don't mind some aspects of the "open market" but the promise of transparency never seemed to materialize. Let's NOT resurrect the CWB debate but work towards improving, for primary Producers, what we have today.

Added in....thank you 101.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 20, 2017, 09:53.

Comment

Elevator prices in the Minot area are $5 US #1 14 DNS

Comment

....@ 1.35 FX its about $10.00CAD asking(?) instore PWN.

$6.75ish. N.D.....see I did ok....I gotta keep telling myself that.

Look at their deductions!
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 20, 2017, 10:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...