• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWRS prices.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sentence is included in the weekly US wheat associates report:

These prices are not intended to represent offers nor should importers of U.S. wheat rely upon them as such.

As far as I'm concerned these weekly reported prices at export position are the "list price"
    At times it may take quite a discount to get an actual deal done with a loyal foreign buyer or a come and go buyer who is always threatening to go shopping somewhere else.

Comment

Interesting comment in a rising market.....deeper discounts?

Or a different blend prescription to reflect what they are paying for?

Comment

Minneapolis cash spread to any of the old crop months is going down. Also the Mar-July inverse is shrinking.
        Short term top? Might have to wait till April for indications of any higher prices than what are out there now. Who knows
        Australian wheat shipments are traditionally heavier in the first half of the calendar year. That will be a factor in numerous countries where Canada ships to including Japan and S Korea, the only 2 countries aside from the US that have bought #1 CWRS wheat this crop year.

Comment

Isn't CWRS different quality than other wheats? Shouldn't we be comparing USA wheat prices to our cpsr?

Comment

Probably but like the AAFC prices that would be a well held secret by the families.....now they are plugging up the elevators locally with durum screenings, commercial salvage and feed wheat....idiotic and almost criminal.

Blending CPS with durum to cut the fusarium numbers is what some grain cos do. ... and yet we need more classes of grain....
            Last edited by bucket; Jan 20, 2017, 11:30.

Comment

a couple of years ago there was a great push to move wheat into the US as their prices were quite a bit better than in Sask. We are not seeing that today. As one should expect to locations on either side of the border, the same distance to market have similar prices.

Comment

50,000 wheat sellers, 5 buyers in w.canada. you think harper would of at least forced weekly reporting of port and export selling prices to ensure fair prices back to the farmgate. The pdq site is of little use quoting average farm bids, it should be reporting grainco sales prices by grain grade and volume.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  50,000 wheat sellers, 5 buyers in w.canada. you think harper would of at least forced weekly reporting of port and export selling prices to ensure fair prices back to the farmgate. The pdq site is of little use quoting average farm bids, it should be reporting grainco sales prices by grain grade and volume.
                  Guess Australia was different we had a vibrant domestic free market about 30 buyers operating then when export markets opened up maybe 20 are operating seriously.

The port system you can see openly which company has various shipping slots dates and grades and you can see tenders for grain on overseas market meaning say Egypt tendered for 50,000 tonne blah blah and if you look hard enough you can see who won the tenders and for how much and delivery.

Dumb question or statement obviously western Canada has a very limited domestic market nearly all export but stateside presuming way different but in saying that usa are still mostly export just they have more outlets.

Should it be asked why are there only 5 buyers is it all just to hard transportation and logistics? Or with freight to get it port makes western Canadian wheat uncpompetitive?

Stupid isn't it my cost farm gate to port is between $24 to 32 per tonne but yet you can ship grain to china $27 and no doubt you have same unsolvable issue.

You had the crow rate or something which got abolished that was to help with freight costs wasn't it? But presume way more elevators than now.

Comment

Mallee. Who owns the port loading facilities in Oz?

Is much durum grown in Australia and what is it selling for?

Do you guys have any fusarium issues?

Comment

wmoebis...check your private messages I will be sending you a message. To everyone else....I feel kinda silly doing this and not discussing it in the open, it is nothing no one else could be let in on but this is a "public" forum and Indusrty monitors it. I don't know how many of the regular posters are in contact with each other or even on a first name basis....this is the only way I can ask him what I want....I feel like a school girl whispering in my friends ear in front of everyone else.

Sorry....

Comment

how come there is no transparency in port prices?
                        no reason they should not have to be posted in this country.
                        it is not like it's communist or anything.
                        the americans do it

for us farmers , ignorance is bliss. i guess that is what Harper thought.

for the grain co.s price ignorance is a licence to print money.

was it not , one of the big ******* about the board that their was no transparency .
                        so what happened to that cry for freedom?

at least now with the liberals in charge, you are at least free to bitch about it.
                        not that it does any good now, like a liberal from toronto will have a clue about it.

Comment

Funny...in Sask there's this thing called the farmland security board where Ag land sales and their prices are recorded. ...so why is a deal between you and your neighbor public knowledge but not grain sales information.

Comment

Port prices....basis....forward sales....vessel reports....etc should be all part of the open market...it is in the US.

Comment

Australia crop finding its way to market...

[URL="http://www.viterra.com.au/uploads/170116_Viterra%20breaks%20SA%20grain%20receival%20 record.pdf"]http://www.viterra.com.au/uploads/170116_Viterra%20breaks%20SA%20grain%20receival%20 record.pdf[/URL]

Comment

FYI Columbia Grain at Sweet Grass MT. was quoting $5.75 USD for #1 14% yesterday. That works out to $7.56 CDN at a $.76 dollar. I have sold to them in the past, the only thing is if you contract very far out you had better hedge the dollar.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...