• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail! and travel tips.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Cocktail! and travel tips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7757.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	777438

Well what a week and yes its finally time to go home and start getting busy with preparations for plant 2017.

Todays cocktail Friday will be a easy one, lets discuss every ones favourite cold or warm
    Beer. Last week i was bugged because I mentioned Stella as a favourite beer but Hey i like the taste and its got to be in a chilled cold ice glass. But what are others favourite beer. Hell we produce barley for malt lets discuss which ones turn out the best from our growing efforts.

I did try a Hawaiian beer that totally got me hooked in Kona and it was Kaui grass lemon beer. Had it with fish and chips supper a few times and wow the two go hand in hand.

So again which do others prefer and why.

Ok the travel tip for today is easy yes the one new Cabinet of Justin T tried to slip it into her use and bill tax payers, I can see why. Priority Service or Air Canada lounges. If your traveling a long distance these two work. But you don't have to pay maybe as much as the Liberals wanted to charge the Canadian Tax Payers.

Why use these lounges. Take a midnight flight like this weekend to La. You arrive early hours of the morning next flight is later that afternoon home to Calgary. Sleeping or doing any thing in a airport is nuts. 11 dollar beer and 120 breakfasts we all have been their.

Now why a lounge well its real easy enter you have big comfy couches and recliners, you have showers and nice change rooms, your left alone to sleep anywhere, its quiet, Breakfast is available, Draft beer, wine hard stuff. Dinner is available, charging stations internet printers etc. Tv. So a home away from home. I have through our one Bank and Visa a Priority card that is good for 12 uses a year with a family of four it works. It is provided free but yes its built into my bank costs so nothing is free. Unless your a liberal who tried to slush it through and get the tax payers to pay.

Use it right don't piss it away in a small lounge in Regina. Its meant for Calgary Toronto, Vancouver Denver La Newyork etc.

It makes traveling or flying home a lot more comfortable and yes jet lag is a lot easier to take.

Name:	IMG_7800.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	777439

Safe Journey, we'll save a little ice in Regina for your Friday cocktail when you get home.

Comment

My cocktail and travel tip consists of a case of cold offsale and the back roads home...careful not to spill any!

;-)

Comment

Sled shack just about as much fun!

Comment

Definitely agree with SF3 about the airline lounges if you have an extended layover. You can get way more benefits than the cost, which can be quite reasonable. If your flying executive class the lounge is included.

Did you ever try Kona Longboard? Can't get it here. Pity! I like to try craft brewery outlets from time to time if they have a tasting counter. Otherwise, I'm a Pil type of guy - warm or cold. First brewed by Sick's Lethbridge brewery in Alberta. They also made a lager to die for called 'Bridge'. Grew up on it. When Labatts bought them out they quit making Bridge. The bastards!!!

Comment

Favourite Beers at the moment:

Lacorne
            Innis & Gunn
            Granville Island Winter Ale

Supposed to be cold this week. Be nice to find a $1,000 trip somewhere.

Comment

Calgary- PV
              Edmonton- Varadero
              Saskatoon/Regina - Cayo Santa Maria

Sadly you will not find any of your favorite beer at any of these resorts in these places(as far as I know)

Comment

Guess Canada is no different than oz but we have a multitude of beers nowadays.
                When I was 18 years old way back when we basically had 3 local beers and and a few interstate ones and similar all over Australia.

Now there are that many craft beers or micro brewerys plus imported beers got to local liquor store not sure they must be 50 beers to choose from if not more.

Beer overload every town especially "torist towns" seems to have own breweries.

Off the imported beers corona or good ole hienekien.

Aussies growers have a deal to grow a specific barley for hienekien has to meet super strict specs and grown only in certain areas whats different about the barley is something in its genetic make up that increases shelf life of the beer.

My fading memory suggest Harrington was almost best malt barley in the world at one stage from western Canada suggest its long gone been superceded and improved

Comment

we have a priority pass card free also from bmo world elite card . good deal ! costs nothing for using their lounges

Comment

Name:	IMG_7806.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	765322

Name:	IMG_7801.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	765320

Yea i agree on the lounge idea, for long flights works out so great. Simple breakfast for four in LAX bacon and eggs and toast with orange juice and coffee. $88.00 USA so really going to lounge saves you money.

Name:	IMG_7808.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	765321

Now beer well I have been to different places but when I was in Turkey a few years back had a beer locally that was 32 onz don't remember the name but came in a glass shaped like a boot. Interesting beer and funny glass.

As for cheap all inclusive if you see it phone book quick because they go like hot cakes. Check Calgary etc. as parking lot at airport was empty. Regina was pretty close to empty also. people are looking for deals and the USA dollar is changing some travel plans.

Comment

As far as I am concerned you are bang on Saskfarmer. Nothing better than drinking a Stella in Kona. Best area in all of Hawaii. #sellthemassey #getaMacdon

Comment

i would think winter trips will be the first thing young families are cutting out in this economy with the exchange rates and all. But I'm probably wrong again. i often wonder how many of these perpetually young holiday ers are actually maxing out thier kids RESP's every year. You get a quick 30% return the first year thanks to Wall and Selfie. It's the second best thing going next to agrinvest and who knows how long in will be around. But of course RESP's accounts aren't status symbols in the housewifes after supper discussions.

#sellthesuitcases
                        #takethegovmoney

Iceman Out

Comment

Hey my oldest is 18 just this month and we have set him up with a tax free savings account. The RESP for education was a no brainer. Why would any father who farms not kick his kids out after high school and tell them to go away for a few years get a job, work for others or go to school and see the world and then if you want come home and farm welcome home.
                          RRSPs yea they work for wage earners.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                            i would think winter trips will be the first thing young families are cutting out in this economy with the exchange rates and all. But I'm probably wrong again. i often wonder how many of these perpetually young holiday ers are actually maxing out thier kids RESP's every year. You get a quick 30% return the first year thanks to Wall and Selfie. It's the second best thing going next to agrinvest and who knows how long in will be around. But of course RESP's accounts aren't status symbols in the housewifes after supper discussions.

#sellthesuitcases
                            #takethegovmoney

Iceman Out
                            at the end of it all , kids and grandkids won't remember the crap you bought them , but they will remember the time you spent diving, snorkelling , swimming , fishing , relaxing, etc. while on these holidays . the time you spent with them. best money spent ! building memories !!

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post

#sellthesuitcases
                              #takethegovmoney

Iceman Out
                              Agree and we Do it but need to be mindful that a lot of kids piss a lot of money away on worthless degrees they never use

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...