• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stalled Canadian Harvest and Minni wheat prices.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without KVD and even the ability for graders to distinguish the difference when KVD was an issue, we now have to sign variety declarations.

My biggest fear is that Canada's supposed reputation as a supplier of high quality wheat will be eroded to the lowest common denominator of wheat on the international market. Is there any benefit from differentiating and branding it as anything more? There needs to be a premium for Producers to continue to grow this lower yielding "quality" wheat.

Very good point made that all the wheat varieties being reclassified into lower value classes all made up Canada's quality wheat classes in the past. Now if they could only do the same with fusarium damage and make it not as big an issue as it is being made out to be now! (Depending on who it affects)How things can change!

I am lucky with wheat this year.... good yields and 14Px with it grading a 1 or 2 depending on who you talk to(LOL).

Funny,,,, there's never too much fertilizer, fungicide, herbicide, etc. at least a lot of the times it isn't reflected in the price of it. But wheat.....the world is swimming in it. Just like Grassy's pictures in a previous thread indicate! Ya ya... I know they got no money to buy it but their ****ing governments probably do!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 10, 2016, 10:07.

Comment

101, weather/whether or not the remaining wheat gets harvested I think it will be safe to assume it will be junk. There could be sprouting if it finally warms up, weight loss, mildew, lodged yield losses....it ain't going to be pretty! So I don't see how those extra stocks of shit wheat could hold quality milling wheat prices down.

Comment

You could be right. So far, the guys who have poor wheat are getting beat up and the guys with good stuff are being handed a few dimes.
        A bigger disconnect with quality wheat taking off could happen. It all depends what Canada can do in the next few months for sales. Aussie harvest could change the picture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...