• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is harvest going?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is harvest going?

The hurricane spinning in AB....http://globalnews.ca/news/2897337/emergency-alert-issued-after-torrential-rain-results-in-flooding-in-westlock-alta/?sf34095472=1

Yup I am beginning to feel like Sask 3, rained yesterday rained during the night, it's a mess. My neighbor is busy installing a set of duals on his swather, might be the smartest guy in the district. I would think my peas and malt barley will now be feed grade. Wish I had grown faba beans instead of peas. :-(

Comment

Combining lentils is slow-going. All the other crops are ripening (and falling over) quickly with 31 and 33.5 degree days here the last 2 days. Cloudy this morning and high humidity, but we hope to go after a couple of hours of fixing. There's a bit of down-time and days are short when you are cutting an inch off the ground. But we are counting our blessings that conditions aren't as bad as in Northern Alberta. What a terrible happinstance around Edmonton. That swirling system is like the one that parked over us the beginning of July. It destroyed most of the lentils around here. Then Rosetown and south was visited by the "the swirl" in late July/Aug and they are not happy. Excess is so damaging.

Comment

Looks like we are in Center of the swirl since last night
        Some wild weather just west of here last night with same bad hail in spots

Comment

Neighbour here almost done - canola combined and half his wheat done. Would have finished today if it wasn't damp. Small scale guy with old machinery. Shows there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Comment

The shits thanks for asking! I hate rain in excess bless some one else!

Comment

NOT!!!!

"Mechanically" ready to go
              "Electronically" not....

When did simple go out of fashion?

Two fricken hours of pea grinding left and get do them.
              Nothing else is ready
              Swathing canola
              Waiting on wheat until weather settles a bit.

Comment

Lots of rain here in NW sask. Pretty slow.

Comment

SF3, after spending day's and day's, actually weeks, working out ruts in our fields last fall,,,we're going way around those water spots you just posted. Going out of our way not to rut, screw the misses. Just way too much work and cost to rehabilitate. We are dryer than you this fall(so far), SESK.
                  FWIW

Comment

Busy grinding off Barley as I type, As you can tell Im the truck driver. Hope to get till later today without any rain.

Comment

Guess what! Bethune Radar is down. A cow farted in the pasture.

Comment

Just a shame in some spots, what a challenge we endure some years! SF hope that is environmentally friendly chem? Yup we all spray the water! Wheat at 15.6%v yesterday, forecast says don't swath, farmaholic. Lodged areas of wheat tough grind. Canola all cut. Please NO wind like Calgary! Keep trying all. Just a pic to smile at...Click image for larger version

Name:	T shirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	765063

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Guess what! Bethune Radar is down. A cow farted in the pasture.
                          Or a bird shit on it...must be a storm coming and it gets scared!

Comment

We are west of Edmonton and got four inches and 50 to 100 km winds since Monday morning. Lots of horizontal crops now. More runoff than the past two years combined. At least it's filling the dugouts that were starting to get low.

Comment

Nice day for Barley!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...