• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fuz monster is here!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Same as they did with ergot ... Now doesnt matter. Millions stole from us
    If you never had it, is it really stolen?

Comment

Agree wise guy - it's billions , Fukin terrible the way we get hosed from every angle

Comment

Of the multi-billions of dollars of "new wealth" created by Primary Producers, ..I wonder how much stays in their hands.

Comment

I guess all I am saying is go check your fields yes there is nothing you can do now but it will help with harvest preparation. Crank the wind or bring it all in. Sixty bushel straw and yielding 30.

Lots to look at.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	765018

Comment

You sure have small hands. ....

For a laugh only.

Comment

Our durum isn't standing at attention anymore. It's semi prone. We'll take whatever we get and be thankful we stand on the most productive dirt in the world - sort of. All we need now is for the tap to turn off. SF3, those pictures that you posted are depressing. You must have found the worst spot with the youngest Canola.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                If you never had it, is it really stolen?
                no , it's all good tweety, up until 3 years ago a small amount of ergot was deadly . now it doesn't matter since they have fus to f$&k us on . you obviously never had to get your wheat color sorted or cleaned or take feed for ergot . yea I'm sure they had our best interests in mind

Comment

What does fuz infection look like? What are the tell tale signs.

Comment

White mid top or odd spikelet and look deep see pink!

While head or borrow 5 spikelets fill 4 rows rest empty!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      White mid top or odd spikelet and look deep see pink!

Thanks. The monster is around the area I hear so I want to know what to look for.

Comment

I dont even understand this statement!!

Comment

White head Or half head filled or spikelet has 4 rows with two blanks and pink!

Comment

Grab a few heads bend em half seems to start in middle area it seems. Might be 1 fuzzy kernel or much worse when you can see pink at 100km/h. Grainco's love telling you its sample. It puts a shit eating grin on their face when you deliver for 3 bucks and they blend it off 8.

Comment

In about 1976, our durum had a bit of ergot. Elevator said it was sample grade-not even marketable. The ergotty kernels were slightly larger and lighter than the good kernels so they cleaned out. Don't remember what grade it made after cleaning but never better than a #3. We then sold the etgot to a drug manufacturer in Winnipeg. That was the last durum we grew. Now I hear from Agrivillers that ergot is not an issue?

Comment

Thank you. That is helpful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...