• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fuz monster is here!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fuz monster is here!

Just back home in canada and out scouting fields because peas won't go 20. High humidity is also causing issues! Rain bless someone else!
    Seen on some soft white fields up to 50% gone but think those guys didn't spray!
    Ours has some damage showing up 5%.
    Still week to 10 days till roundup kills the crop!
    What are others seeing!
    Shitty f$&King rain can't leave us alone!

Drought that's what we need!

I have met a lot of unhappy producers but SF3, you win

Comment

Every f$&King year some thing water related gets us. May you be blessed with abundance and then tell me how your doing!

Comment

Tested our peas yesterday.... untestable. At 20 I think I would start grinding and use air to bring them down. We only have one combine so by the time we get to the short strokes on peas they will probably be too dry. I am concerned about the potential for bleach though(greens obviously). Some places in the fields were more mature than others.

Re Wheat and Fus. Well we looked and the odd glume is infected, made a call to see if it can keep spreading from that point/source. They say yes. My thoughts... if they are infected to the point of being shriveled up so bad that the combine can blow them out or they come out on the dockage...good! But if the infection can continue to infect kernels that are big and close to maturity and can't be removed---oh oh, trouble. Our wheat doesn't "look" as bad as some other years where you could see the infection on the heads from the side of the road without getting out of the truck... now we have to get out and look. I hope things end up OK. Call the ****ing CGC and get them to change "the impossible to attain" tolerances for the top two grades.... the Grain Cos have a heyday with those tight tolerances.... **** me!

Comment

Same as they did with ergot ... Now doesnt matter. Millions stole from us

Comment

Do not wish for drought. I am still scarred from the 2002 and 2003 drought. You can grow stuff when it rains, you can't if it doesn't. And put a damn smile on your face

Comment

Originally posted by Redone View Post
              Do not wish for drought. I am still scarred from the 2002 and 2003 drought. You can grow stuff when it rains, you can't if it doesn't. And put a damn smile on your face
              Yea shit is what you get with excess rain! Drought years were the best ! 1980s awesome! Take them back any day!

Comment

As far as a smile! 😜

I smile😀 When the sun is beating down and it's hot!

Comment

SF3..... huge differnce between "drought" and a "drier bias". Calling for drought might be a bit extreme. If you were still growing decent crops in the eighties I am sure some other areas were likely suffering from real drought.

Could we just agree, for once, neither EXTREME is good!

Kiss it good night and put the ****en thing to bed already...and hope it doesn't wake up again....the debate that is!

Comment

To this as in all things. Moderation.

Comment

BP....that was short and sweet.....and a little less "descriptive" lol

Comment

Ok ok ok just redone poked the bear!

But to the guys who will lose 50% to fuz excess rain isn't a friend

Yes some sort of moderation would be nice!

Comment

Sorry Sf3, I will ask the rain god to cut you out for a couple of years. Drought is awful too.

Comment

You don't need rain to get fusarium infections. High humidity and warm temps at the wrong time and, BOOM!, fuzz city.

Comment

Methinks farmers are choosing the lake over a couple of passes of fungicide. The sprayers, helicopters and airplanes just slowed down here. They will be in full force dessicating pretty soon.
                              I went to the lake today, there was a couple of combines doing peas. I looked like very good crop lots of Hawaii pods on them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...