• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry's, 7 day rain totals are 2-3" in next week, crops will have hard time staying alive let alone yielding 135 b/ac. Most likely LODGING all to hell! Keep spraying, making ruts in muddy YELLOW crops.

Comment

Stayin alive, stayin alive ah ah stayin alive. Just had to. We have dried out and should be okay for next week. There are areas that cannot take any more rain. Peas will lodge and it could get ugly.

Comment

.....wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter?

Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

Comment

I feel like I am in the twilight zone. Still less than an inch of rain since June 1. Fungicide apps finishing up in my area. Canola crops look good, fairly even and in full bloom. Peas starting to pod 2.5 to 3 feet tall, look good. Barley just starting to head. My CPS wheat showing the greatest lack of moisture, some looks good but areas of lighter soil thinning out. I grew penhold this year, not impressed. I grew foremost for years, at this point the penhold doesn't look as good. Rain is in the forecast I hope they are right it would be most welcome. Have a good day:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            What do you use for a rule of thumb on peas?

Mine is 1 pea per plant 1 bushel and that is fairly close

Our early amarillo have 16 to 22 pods per plant and 5 to 7 peas. I'm not going to guess yield but if they miss hail it will be a huge crop
            Klause I need some help figuring out what our pea yields might be. Any way to talk/phone you?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...