• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving Raymore elevator

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Raymore elevator

Saving the elevator in Raymore is crucial in a couple ways it will help Raymore and surrounding community by creating jobs which is a big deal in today's uncertainty it also shows how strong the town is and how committed they are to ensuring that they will be here in the future the second point is the environment this decision by Cargill to tear down the elevator is wrong in so many levels the elevator is a concrete structure that has along life span so demolishing a functional building that can be used is not Environmentally responsible it's a waist also think of all the extra miles and fuel that is being burnt unnecessarily cost to the producer and tax payers and environment the Hiways are not cheap to maintain these big companies are cutting there cost by closing up shops and making the customers travel further distances which is unloading the cost on to the tax payer to build and maintain roads that where not made for this kind weight that is why we have the rail road so I think it's time we start getting the common sense back and make these companies fulfil there obligations to the communities and the Environment they have all these corporate responsibilities on there web site now is the time to make the stand up and show us what there company is about

Apparently it isn't worth sfa so the government should expropriate it and find a new operator.

**** the non compete clause.

Government is there to do what's right and saving highways is what's right not Cargill's bottom line.

I doubt Bradley has the spheres to do the right thing. The mla certainly doesn't.

Comment

I forget who posted here a while back about not letting this happen and start blockading the roads and stuff. Waiting to the last minute isn't going to help matters. Start drawing the attention to it now, get the media involved. Stage a blockade and notify the media and tell the public why mothballing/demolishing the facility is not a good choice......

I never thought I would see the demolition of a inland concrete terminal in my lifetime.

I don't get it. Is there anything structurally wrong with it?

Comment

I forget who posted here a while back about not letting this happen and start blockading the roads and stuff. Waiting to the last minute isn't going to help matters. Start drawing the attention to it now, get the media involved. Stage a blockade and notify the media and tell the public why mothballing/demolishing the facility is not a good choice......

I never thought I would see the demolition of a inland concrete terminal in my lifetime.

I don't get it. Is there anything structurally wrong with it?

Comment

You have paid directors on some of your associations that think it is okay and is progress. They are your voice so good luck.

Comment

I'm with bucket on this one....if they don't want it they should be forced to forfeit it for the cost of the property and demolition. ...obviously they think the building is worthless so no value there.

No "dog in the manger" attitude allowed!!!!

Remember what I said about some of the facilities still in use today in the US! And these brain surgeons are going to destroy something better!

When money talks it sometimes can't be understood
            or doesn't always make sense!!!!

Comment

Isn't highway 6 a primary haul highway?

Comment

Yes #6 is primary from the US border to Melfort.

Comment

i can't believe it is even allowed anymore .. DO NOT LET THEM DO IT ! kept the old ugg elevator here and 18 miles shortline , been nothing but a success story and has paid its own way , kept 2-6 people working , made money and is a sizable asset now
                  Edit?

Comment

GET IN THE NEWS NOW , don't piss around with them at all. this shit has to stop

Comment

Cargill already did this a a facitlity in Vegreville AB. Sometimes big companies are even worse than government sad to say. How much tax the town levies on the facility would be relevant here.

Comment

The Govs should have been involved with the FIRST wooden one TOO. You want farmers to haul further...put a cost on the highway destruction on the concretes. Bet not a f*cking one would have made economic sense! Only work with public $$$ paying for highways that are FREE to the GRAIN CORPS.
                        Isn't Raymore on a CN mainline too? This is all getting absurd/ wasteful as was the 1200 Wooden ones.

Comment

Welcome to Canuckistan where going backwards is seen as progressive. Forefathers worked to build access to our resources that was envy of the rest of the world, now the powers that be have all but destroyed it.

Comment

On a primary haul highway AND CN mainline?....now it makes even less sense.

Comment

Keep the pressure up Terry! Would be nice to see another it sold to another company condition free.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...