• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving Raymore elevator

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised that Brad Wall didn't levy a rpad repair tax on terminals. To make every taxpayer pay for the bad decisions of knocking down the wooden elevators and removal of rail lines is not very fair. Put the responsibility where it belongs.

Comment

They would just pass it on to farmers anyhow. Can see all gov'ts putting road tax on farm fuel especially licensed vehicles.

Comment

Couple questions for whoever would know? Was this elevator given to cargill or any government deals associated with the construction? If it's private land and cargill build the elevator what's it any of your guys business what they do with it. Force them to do what you guys are discussing here? How about apply any of these comments made on this thread to your property! All I can say is wow. If it's soo good get off your own wallets and build one.

Comment

vvalk, with all due respect I think you're missing the point. Please re-read some of the posts and reconsider your thoughts and opinion. I am not going to re-iterate what has already been said but I honestly believe there are more valid reasons to keep this thing standing than demolish it.

I am sure area farmers would jump at the chance of taking it over...if they are given a chance to.

Comment

If we can't tell Cargill what to do then Cargill shouldn't be giving the highway bill to the taxpayers.

They are forcing public highway use ....when a railway would do.
            Last edited by bucket; Jun 4, 2016, 23:32.

Comment

vvalk are you in favor of putting road tax on your farm fuel to cover road costs?

Comment

Can remember when Sask Pool was closing down at small points between larger ones, they had been set up in horse and wagon days.
                Was on municipal council at time we sent a letter of protest to Pool at suggestion of RM secretary who pointed out loss of tax revenue with loss of an elevator in our municipality.
                There was no pressure from farmers who realized the point had become redundant.
                Agree with letting graincos run elevators in return for letting growers run our farms.

Comment

Saving Private Ryan was just on maybe they could call the sequeal Saving Raymore Elevator.

Comment

vvalk, last time I checked farmers werent allowed to do whatever they want with their land. Rules on drainage, weed issues and so on. Cargill can go to hell wont be doing any business there any time soon

Comment

"Private property" is expropriated all the time for the "good of the public".

And actually no one is calling for outright expropriation.... but a good ****ing dose of common sense would go a long way!

If you don't want it, give it up for fair market value...end of story. Use it or lose it!!!!!

Comment

once it's gone. , it's gone forever. what a stupid ****ing waste . there is just no common sense anymore

Comment

Hire an unemployed oil worker to go sit inside, Freeride Wally will get involved that way.

Comment

You need community right to buy, as scotland now has.
                            Get a facebook or 38 degrees campaign going to save it.

Comment

I'm with hedgehog on this one. Need to start a public campaign on social media. Get CBC involved they usually hate big American business anyway. If it's worth keeping its worth fighting for. I'm a young guy and a conservative but I still get ripped about how our pools were ran into the ground by incompetent management and bought up by the wolves the pools were set up in the first place to protect the farmers fron.

Comment

Lots of conservatives think the concentration in the seed, chemical and grain businesses is scary. Power consolidated in the hands of few is never good. Free market is now in jeopardy in many of these sectors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...